Author Topic: Vintage wrought iron rolling plant stand question  (Read 1748 times)

Jlsherf

• View Profile
Vintage wrought iron rolling plant stand question
« on: January 03, 2016, 03:52:35 pm »
My sister just bought this for resell and we are coming up blank trying to find another one online. We think its 1960's.  It is wrought iron with mesh metal shelves.  The dimensions are as follows:  baskets - 17 3/4" x 10 3/4"
Top of handle to floor - 32 1/2"
Top of basket to floor - 25"
Wheels - 8"
We know it is a plant shelf cart and its not decorative at all.  I have used these words in my searches, wrought iron mesh metal 2 shelf rolling plant cart.  Can you think of any other words I can use.  We are trying to find an approximate value and can not find any to compare with it.  Thanks for any advice in advance.
I should have been born in another era!

Ipcress

• View Profile
Re: Vintage wrought iron rolling plant stand question
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2016, 04:09:46 pm »
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Wrought-Iron-Tea-Cart-Bar-Flower-Cart-Gypsy-Garden-Victorian-Bar-Cart-/221899197283?hash=item33aa390b63:g:1JIAAOSw4HVWCYOt

Try similar combinations like iron garden trolley.

Remember to click on the Sold Listings option on the left of the page.

Jlsherf

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2016, 04:51:05 pm »
Thank you IPCRESS!  The search continues!  😁

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2016, 05:36:39 pm »
Unless you know who made it you probably will not find another like it !! These were popular during mid century and were made by many mfrs !! Just use a similar one for pricing !! You might also try searching "tea cart /plant trolly" !!
« Last Edit: January 03, 2016, 05:38:48 pm by mart »

Jlsherf

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2016, 06:28:04 pm »
Yes Mart you are right!  There are no markings at all.  I actually did use that combo.  Finally found one similar that sold for $120.  It was decorative somewhat so this one will go for less.  My sister and I both had searched for 2 days every word combo we could think of.  IPCRESS helped with a word or two I hadn't tried.  I just emailed my sister what I found.  I think the part I miss the most about selling is the research!!!  I help my sister when she is searched out!  Lol!

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2016, 12:46:56 pm »
I know down here in the South they are referred to as Wrought Iron Plant Carts.  If you search that you will find quite a few!  I sure don't see them selling for near $100 here so if they are selling for that my hat is off to them!

Ones around here with age/character to them sell for $35 - $70 tops.
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

Jlsherf

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2016, 01:41:37 pm »
Yes locally I'm sure that's what it would go for.  My sister, however has many decorator, movie prop people and photographers she sells to all over the U.S. and they do pay top dollar!  I'm glad for her.  It will sell.  She can not keep things like this on her shop long.  So when she finds them she buys!  Thanks all for your help.  As always its greatly appreciated!  😀