Author Topic: Transferware  (Read 937 times)

RuthAnn L. Wyman

• View Profile
Transferware
« on: August 14, 2005, 12:40:05 pm »
Hi, I recently acquired a partial set of old Jenny Lind , 1795 by Royal Stafforshire Pottery England which is dark pink/or red transferware:  I have 1 dinner plate, about 6 salad plates, 5 bread and butter plates, 5 cups and saucers, 6 large soup bowls, and 1 small berry bowl; I found these at a little Antique shop in SW Washington state and paid $30.00 for the set.  Do you have any idea how much these dishes are worth?  I have no idea but know they're pretty old...Some of the items have a little crazing, just a few with chips, and the dinner plate has lots of crazing and the cream background is discolored to a darker tan coloring.  I'd appreciate any information on these.  Thanks!  RLW

Transferware
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2005, 01:12:18 pm »
for approximate date go here:

www.thepotteries.or g

just run a search on the site for Royal Staffordshire and follow those links, esp. for Wilkinson.  Lots of pics of backstamps

For replacement retail values go here:

http://www.replacements.com/webquote/ROSJELP.htm

note that there are two pink colors, pink and off white, and pink & cream.  Prices would probably be similar.  Condition counts - there are several pieces listed tho' that are less due to imperfections - hope this helps.  KB