Author Topic: Here is another one for Ipcress and Mat,, 13th century Korean celadon ??  (Read 2116 times)

mart

• View Profile
https://www.kovels.com/forums/3-pottery-and-porcelain/10025-korean-crab-plate.html

This is way beyond me,, has an impressed mark on back !!  Opinions ??  Something looks "off" to me but,,what do I know !!

fancypants

• View Profile
Nice little (& chippy) crab plate , but no where near 13th century , to my eyes , mart !!!
" Methinks me the 'mental' in sentimental .... "

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
From what I can see this is no where that time period!

Can you get them to post a better close up of the imprinted mark on back?
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

Mat

• View Profile
Hi, from the tiny pictures it is difficult to say anything, but I would also think not that old. It rather looks Chinese to me, but I am not so familiar with Korean wares....
Mat

mart

• View Profile
There is a larger pic of the mark farther down the thread !!

Mat

• View Profile
Hmm, do not know that mark, likely a potters mark, but looks Chinese to me... I would like to see bigger photos of the plate, to see if there are signs of age.
Mat

mart

• View Profile
Will do and thanks all for looking !!  My personal opinion is that it is not that old either !!  Seems the form is wrong and the color just does not look right !!

Mat

• View Profile
Mart, I would try posting this here: http://www.asianart.com/phpforum/index.php . I think it is worth trying...

mart

• View Profile
Since I am cross posting from Kovels,,I will suggest it to the owner !!  Thanks for the link !! Always appreciate the help I get from those that know more than I do !!

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
That is a great forum Mat!
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

mart

• View Profile
I used that link but all I saw was questions and no answers except for very few and they didn`t seem to know much !!  Only read a couple !! Was I supposed to go to another page??