Author Topic: What kind art glass vase is this? & it is not tiffany maybe imperial glass?  (Read 3762 times)

Kingofthekats

• View Profile
Someone marked LCT the bottom but it is not tiffany maybe imperial glass?

mart

• View Profile
And how have you determined that it is not Tiffany ??  Did you have someone look at it ??  Did they offer to buy it ??  It is not Imperial !!

Kingofthekats

• View Profile
The LCT should go counter clockwise not clockwise like this one.

mart

• View Profile
http://www.ha.com/how-to-identify-fake-tiffany-glass.s

Louis Comfort Tiffany used so many signatures that it is impossible to determine what is real Tiffany and what is not from that alone !! Most of the authorities do not go by signature only and even they say that there are variations !! The color, the form, the decorative aspect all must be in line with Tiffany Studios !!  I would suggest having it checked by one of the auctions that know his glass well !!   Where did you get this vase ??

Kingofthekats

• View Profile
I bought this vase from a auction in pa. 

Pelady

• View Profile
What did the auction say it was?

PeLady
Plymouth, America's Home Town.

Kingofthekats

• View Profile
They really didn't say anything about it, it was a table tray lot.

mart

• View Profile
Steuben, Loetz and others made similar art glass and they sell on the same level with Tiffany !! Yes there are fakes but unless you know art glass well I would not trust just anyone to tell which is which !! If it were mine I would get it checked by authorities of Tiffany and other high end art glass !!

Kingofthekats

• View Profile
Do you know any good appraisers that are experts in this type of glass?

mart

• View Profile
You are in PA ??

Kingofthekats

• View Profile
Yes

mart

• View Profile
http://www.christies.com/home/selling-services/auction-services/auction-estimates/overview

I hope this is the right page,,was reading the FAQ`s too !!  Just send pics,, really good ones by email per their instructions !!  You are thinking of selling the vase aren`t you ??  Its a free service so even if its a fake,,costs nothing to find out for sure !!  I would get another opinion as well !! I will keep looking !!

« Last Edit: March 17, 2016, 12:40:42 pm by mart »

Kingofthekats

• View Profile
Yes I would like too, hopefully it is real, if I get any information from them I will comment on here to tell you thank you so much for your help!

mart

• View Profile
Yes,, Please post back here the results !! No way we could tell what it is from pics,, you need someone that knows more than I do about Tiffany glass !!  Will cross my fingers for you !!

Kingofthekats

• View Profile
I sent it to them but I have to wait 4 to 6 weeks so then I'll post on here in between there time frame