Author Topic: WINDSOR CHINA DINNER SERVICE  (Read 1410 times)

womanage

• View Profile
WINDSOR CHINA DINNER SERVICE
« on: May 11, 2016, 07:54:15 am »
Hello all,

I really hope this is the right place to post this. If not I'd be very grateful for directions to other places that might assist.

My mother has 2 pieces of a dinner service which belonged to her mother. Sadly her mother died when my mother was only 9 so these pieces are very precious.

My mother has been searching for such a long time for more pieces and I would love to find some for her upcoming birthday. I've done so many internet searches and come up with nothing so I really hope someone can help. I'm desperate to know what the pattern is and where I might find other pieces!

I think it must date from late 1940s-1950s (my grandmother died in 1960) and may have been a wedding gift?

I've attached photographs sneakily taken by my Dad! Apologies that he didn't remove the clutter from around them! I hope someone can help.

Huge thanks for reading!

« Last Edit: May 11, 2016, 07:58:03 am by womanage »

mart

• View Profile
Re: WINDSOR CHINA DINNER SERVICE
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2016, 06:05:01 pm »
Is there a number on the back ??  I looked through everything replacements.com had and your pattern is not there !! Have not found it on ebay either !!  Not all patterns are named most just have numbers !!  Are you in the UK ??  Thats where I found most of the info !!  Co-Operative Wholesale Society (CWS) Windsor China !!  But the Potteries.org did not have your mark !!  Will do more research on the mfr !!

frogpatch

• View Profile
    • Gary Cunnane
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2016, 10:42:55 am »
I have the Encyclopedia of British Porcelain Marks and this is the first mark I have looked for that was not in there. It is exactly what Mart says. That all checks out. The year (1940s) you are saying, looks right by the style. The fact that they do not say Made in England indicates that they were not intended for export to the US as the Cooperative Society was begun in 1922 well after the McKinley Tarriff Act. That is all I can say at this point. I will look further.

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2016, 11:03:53 am »
Well put by Mart and frogpatch.  Looking as well.  Time line 1930's to 1940's.
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2016, 11:06:58 am »
Hey Frogpatch,, send me an email !!  Had a computer problem !!  Need to get you back in address book on this computer !!  My old computer got hit by ransom ware !!

frogpatch

• View Profile
    • Gary Cunnane
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2016, 11:16:01 am »
I sent you an email yesterday Mart. When you did not reply I came here to be sure you weren't somewhere over the rainbow. Is it still the same address?

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2016, 02:22:31 pm »
Same one !!  Been in the garden,, have not had time for much !!   You know its that time of year !!   Will check the email later !!