Author Topic: Any ideas what this horse would bring?  (Read 2049 times)

jondar

• View Profile
Any ideas what this horse would bring?
« on: May 24, 2016, 12:24:20 pm »
I have had this horse for a while and am going to give it, along with some Fenton and Vaseline glass and a Clark Gum counter display rack in vaseline glass,  to my wife's church which is in financial difficulty.  They are having a Bargain Sale in August and all proceeds will go toward the church's financial debt..  I have researched (tried) this on Ebay and Amazon and can't see anything close to the quality of the paint or detail. I know pretty much what the glass will bring, but hit a wall on the horse.  It is about nine inches high and nine inches long, and the beautiful paint job must have taken a skilled painter a week, ten hours a day, to complete. I need an estimate to give the church ladies who conduct the sale. The body is either aluminum or very hard plastic.  Any ideas? 

Ipcress

• View Profile

mart

• View Profile
Re: Any ideas what this horse would bring?
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2016, 05:45:41 pm »
Darn,, the more of them you buy,, the cheaper they get !!  $128. is a good price for it !!

jondar

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2016, 06:31:56 pm »
Thanks much.  That certainly gives me an idea on what to tell them to ask..  The way they conduct these sales is on the day of the sale, from seven to nine A.M. they only let the collectors and dealers in as they know that they will give more for the better grade items, then the sale is open to the general public. 

Ipcress

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2016, 02:29:10 am »
I wonder why yours is on a different base ? Did you buy it yourself ?

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2016, 04:43:38 am »
Ipcress the site you gave is selling these in bulk !!  Likely several types of base depending on color of artwork !!

jondar

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2016, 11:41:19 am »
Ipcress & Mart
Long story, short version.  A lady in Denver, whom I've been a PenPal of for a few years heard of our church's problem.  She had a booth in a Denver Mall until the recent death of her husband and wasn't able to handle it alone so closed it out.  Wholesaled a large amount and sent me several items to sell at the church sale.  The horse was one of the things she shipped me.  She said her husband had bought it in the mall shortly before he passed on and she never knew what he paid for it.  THERE WAS NO BASE INCLUDED WHEN HE BOUGHT IT.  He made one by using a Jello mold and filling it with melted lead.  Then carefully drilling the two holes to fit the insertions, covering it with green felt, Presto! A base.

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2016, 06:24:42 pm »
Well,, that clears that up !!  An inventive idea !!  Was a very nice thing for that lady in Denver to do !!  Hope the sale goes well and the church clears the debt !!  Do not know the size of the church congregation but with rising costs I  imagine many find it tough going now days !!  I will say a prayer for them !!

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2016, 11:18:05 pm »
Wow, that is very kind and benevolent of her donating for your church.  Hope it does well!

I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!