Author Topic: new member..sharing my find and any info on piece is appreciated.  (Read 1501 times)

Norab

• View Profile
just wanted to say hello, and share my find... In looking for some new furniture for my new spot, I stumbled on these for an incredible $.. did some digging and to my surprise, I have something worth a bit more than I paid.... and now I have the bug!! :)
...a current eBay listing for 2.. i know, i know as i have just learned Enet prices are not always actual but I'm pretty excited I have some cool chairs that I may be able to re-sell if I can find the correct buyer?
« Last Edit: June 06, 2016, 07:20:27 pm by Norab »

ghopper1924

• View Profile
Re: new member..sharing my find and any info on piece is appreciated.
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2016, 07:15:16 pm »
How much ARE they worth?
"I collect antiques because they're beautiful."

-Broderick Crawford

Norab

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2016, 07:26:58 pm »
first... sorry for the size of the pics, I will get that corrected.
..as far as I can tell with my limited knowledge anywhere from 400 to 800 a chair? I picked them up for about $40 bucks a seat before I knew what I had, pretty excited about my first buy, and now has me scouring estate sales for the last couple of weeks. lol.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2016, 07:29:54 pm by Norab »

ghopper1924

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2016, 03:57:42 am »
Initially that sounded crazy high to me, but upon looking around the net those prices are in line with what I've seen. If retailers are still getting those prices for Ilana Goor chairs, then you got an amazing bargain. Congratulations!

-Broderick Crawford

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2016, 05:13:04 am »
Hello there and welcome to the forum !!  Like Ghopper,,this price sounded high to me !!  A few other things to check out before quitting your day job !!  Are any actually selling at that price and if not,, what are they selling for !!  You may find that it is less than the offered price !!  How much of her work is available,,I found pages and pages of it so that would tell me that the asking price of the chairs on ebay is a result of the seller doing the same thing you did,,just looking at asking price rather than sold price !!  No matter,,you got an excellent buy and will likely do well on them,,but maybe not as much as the asking prices would have you believe !! Just remember that you can ask whatever you want,,getting it is another ballgame !!  There are some good buys out there,,just do your research first and it will help you both in buying and selling !! 

ghopper1924

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2016, 06:21:07 am »
Good sense advise from Mart, so a point to her!

-Broderick Crawford