Author Topic: Giacometti "Tete de Femme" Lamp  (Read 1173 times)

Vwdoyle

• View Profile
Giacometti "Tete de Femme" Lamp
« on: June 06, 2016, 11:30:30 pm »
Hello Everyone!

I recently acquired this beautiful (beauty is in the eye of the beholder) lamp.  ;D The research starts to get a little hazy as to who, what and where these were being made.  They can range anywhere from $80-$80,000.  Are there any experts out there that can point me in the right direction of finding some concrete information on the lamp I have.  Any help is greatly appreciated. This is my first time using the Photobucket method so please let me know if it did not work.

Thank you!

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://s1253.photobucket.com/user/vwdoyle/embed/slideshow/Mobile%20Uploads"></iframe>

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
Re: Giacometti "Tete de Femme" Lamp
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2016, 01:51:05 am »
I believe this is called a Giacometti Masque Lamp from the Sirmos Collection.  A resin based lamp.

And you are right, the prices are all over the place.  Majority of them have double lamp sockets!  Only saw 3 (including yours) with a single socket.  Hmmm....  Wonder if they have been rewired?
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

ghopper1924

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2016, 04:03:41 am »
It looks like they were retailed in the 1980s, well after Giacometti's death. The least expensive one I saw after a cursory search was $500, so you may have a good find on your hands!
"I collect antiques because they're beautiful."

-Broderick Crawford

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2016, 05:17:10 am »
Are they marked anywhere ??  Odd but I like it !!