Author Topic: Can You Help?  (Read 1241 times)

AntiqJunky

• View Profile
Can You Help?
« on: August 24, 2005, 05:06:45 pm »
Hello.  I'm new here and new to antiques as well.  I'm looking for some information about a few pieces I have found while going through my grandmother's things.  I'm not able to do pictures, so I hope you will be able to help me at least identify the markings on these bowls.

The first is a pink bowl, with a rose in the middle.  The marking on the bottom is something like this.  TH OM and PS ON directly underneath
with a line running between the TH, OM, and PS, ON and another line dividing the top and bottom.  I take it to be Thompson, but am not sure.

The next is a white bowl with what looks to be lilacs in the middle.  This marking is a little more difficult.  It is a "crest" of sorts with BAVARIA written diagonally in it and a C and S on either side.

I would be very appreciative if anyone had an idea about these items.  I have a garage sale coming up and am debating putting these out there without more information.

Thank you.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2005, 05:09:10 pm by AntiqJunky »

Can You Help?
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2005, 07:50:26 pm »
for the Bavarian, go here:

http://www.porcelainmarksandmore.com/

if it doesn't open to the Carl Schumann page, select the area of Germany as Bavaria, then to the company, and they're arranged by town, of Carl Schumann.  Interesting history, and possibly yours.

If that doesn't work for you, you can take a regular pic, or a very good tracing, and e-mail or snail mail Chris Simon Marshall.  He's pretty much the definitive word on German porcelains.  And yes, hold off on the garage sale at least til you get confirmation of the maker.  Then, you might try here:

www.kaleden.com

in porcelain/pottery run your question as -- Bavaria bowl - you might even find your maker - this is worth your time - KB

ps:  I'll try for the Thompson in a later post.  KB

joannnelson

• View Profile
Can You Help?
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2005, 01:24:43 am »

I have a Gooseneck sled i paid  $300.00 for in a yard sale.

I am not a collector i just got talk into this. Will someone give me some

information on this sled. the sled still has the stecils visible on  

AntiqJunky

• View Profile
Can You Help?
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2005, 05:37:30 pm »
Thank you for the help.  I did find that it's a Carl Schumann piece, the mark was used after 1900.  I appreciate you looking up the Thompson for me.  No garage sale for these things.

Can You Help?
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2005, 09:35:24 pm »
not at all familiar with that company, but search showed this:

http://oldetymecollectiblespottery.com/his...nccpottery.html

there's your logo - now, what is the year?  Definitely deserves more research before you put it in a garage sale.   KB