Author Topic: Cannot get info' anywhere for this pair of Lamps, or are they ????????  (Read 2983 times)

LALSKI

• View Profile
  Hi everyone, newby here, I was hoping one of you lovely people would have an idea to the maker, circa, and possible value of the pair of table lamps I've posted here today. (pictures attached)
   They may well have originally been candelabra of sorts, I, nor anyone I've corresponded with, inc Auction house staff can forward an opinion above a 50/50, could be this, could be that. I must be honest and say that I love the chase and inherent detective work needed to gain knowledge of such items conjured up and hence, crafted by the Human Species. We really are a unique creature...Sorry, tangent...
   Thanks for reading, I look forward to uploading a torrent of pic's in the coming few days...
« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 01:29:38 am by LALSKI »

Pelady

• View Profile
Hi Cogar and Ed (dontbe)

I have been having trouble with our website trying to use Google image search and chrome on my iPad. On this post it says the image is a .jpg but when I search for  it says. The image must be in one of the following formats: .jpg, .gif, .png, .bmp, .tif, or .webp.

If I use my lap top or desktop the Google image search works. 
Also I have no issues with my iPad when searching for an image that is on other web sites like Craig's list, eBay, Kovals, etc
Has anybody else had issues with this? 

KC This image is a .jpg but when using Google image search it show no results and the error message states that the file is not a .jpg.  This happens on any image on this website when I use an iPad.
The same image bring results and no error message when searching on a desktop computer.

Is this a better explanation?

Pelady
« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 08:26:42 pm by Pelady »
Plymouth, America's Home Town.

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
Can you be more specific on what you are asking?

It shows that when you post a picture on the site it must be:
"Allowed file types: doc, gif, jpg, mpg, pdf, png, txt
Restrictions: 4 per post, maximum total size 4000KB, maximum individual size 3000KB"
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

mart

• View Profile
Are you here in the U.S ??  Can you remove the globe and take a pic of the top of the lamp and also one of the bottom ?? Because of the way the globes fit I do not think they are a married pair or  a re-made pair of candlesticks !! 

cogar

• View Profile
Hi Cogar and Ed (dontbe)

I have been having trouble with our website trying to use Google image search and chrome on my iPad. On this post it says the image is a .jpg but when I search for  it says. The image must be in one of the following formats: .jpg, .gif, .png, .bmp, .tif, or .webp.

Pelady, your question has me confused.

Are you telling me your problem arises whenever you attempt to use Google "Image" to search for pictures that are posted on the Antique Questions Forum website?

If so, ..... then  "YES", .... Google "Image" should respond with that "error" message because the AQF website(s) are designated as a .....  .com

Pelady, all web or internet "link" addresses of: .jpg, .gif, .png, .bmp, .tif, or .webp .... are for image, graphic and photographic files only.

The data in those file types is all kinda "scrambled" differently and the ".xxx" of the file name tells the "graphics" Processor in your PC, I-pad, I-phone or whatever ..... how to "un-scramble" that data as it transfers it to the "display" screen for your viewing pleasure.

Iffen I guessed wrong on what you problem is ..... please tell me.

Cheers

Pelady

• View Profile
I wanted to search google for similar images to these lamps, so I right clicked, then I chose (search Google for this image) and got this result:

When I do the exact same on the desktop I have at home I get actually pictures and pages of similar Images.

When I do this on images on other websites with my iPad I do not have this problem.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 04:47:30 pm by Pelady »
Plymouth, America's Home Town.

cogar

• View Profile
I wanted to search google for similar images to these lamps, so I right clicked, then I chose (search Google for this image) and got this result:

Pelady, I have never tried that “right click” search thingy as you describe so I can only guess at a solution.

Some pictures uploaded to AQF can’t be enlarged by the viewer, meaning if you place your mouse cursor on the image the cursor will remain an “arrow” pointer.

Other pictures uploaded to AQF can be enlarged by the viewer, meaning if you place your mouse cursor on the image the cursor will change from an “arrow” pointer to a “finger” pointer.

On some images, a left click of the “finger” pointer simply enlarges the image “in-place” …… and a 2nd left click reduces the “image” in-place …… and a right click of the “finger” pointer always gets you a “menu” for selecting an “action”.

But on other images, a left click of the “finger” pointer open up a “new window” at a new url address and displays the actual image stored there at, ….. and a right click on that “new file” image will get you a “menu”. And that new file has to be closed out, sooner or later. BUT, a right click of the “finger” pointer will get the “menu” for selecting an “action”.  (and that's the way my System 10 works.)

So, Pelady, try …… a left click of the “finger” pointer on the lamp image to open a “new window” displaying that lamp …….. then a right click on the “new” image to get a “menu” and then select you action.

mart

• View Profile
My image search showed a total of 8 pics. but Cogars was hundreds !!

I think the lamps are probably  1970`s or 80`s !!  If the metal is pretty thin and lightweight,,could be imports !!  They are neat looking but those globes/bulbs probably cost more than the candlesticks did !!

dontbe

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.antique-shop.com
I love that Pelady used the term "our website"..

that makes me happy!

It does not give her na answer.. but... :) :)
Go to My Webpage
to talk about antiques and check on upcoming antique related events

mart

• View Profile
Even if we have brain fog and do not say it as we should,, that is how we all think of it !!  It is our website and we are as protective as a mama bear would be !!  Brownie point for PeLady for making you smile !!