Author Topic: Antique end table  (Read 6521 times)

kathyv43

• View Profile
Re: Antique end table
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2016, 07:45:59 pm »
The chest is 38" to the small top drawers. I can get between $225-325 here for it...the table around $175-200. I would pay $150 for it myself and I'm stingy with my money whereas a lot of people here are not. So even if I only get $400 for both, that's still $300 profit for doing next to no work. I stained the top of my dining room suite walnut and I put the table up next to it and it matches the stain. Pretty sure I can just sand and stain the top of table and it will match. All I need to do on the chest is fix or get new pulls.

kathyv43

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2016, 07:51:39 pm »
I've heard Facebook online yard sales how does that work? I have been planning a real yard sale this coming weekend and I've been killing myself .  I live in a condo which doesn't allow you to have Yardsales so I'm been transporting everything to my dads house.

PeLady

They seem to do well. I've joined all the ones within a 60 mile radius and lots of people selling...its constant. I put a ceiling fan, dryer and tile on there and sold all within 2 days and got more than I should have actually. I mostly use them to find antique and vintage furniture to refurbish and sell. I also have a wrap around porch that I needed lots of furniture and decor for and got 75% of it from the online yard sale and at a fraction of the cost.

jacon4

• collector/ student of early american furniture
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2016, 02:52:34 pm »
for instance i got the antique parlor table and chest on my other post for $85 total.

That was a very good buy, you could not buy the walnut in board form for that price, nevermind milling the boards into furniture.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2016, 02:58:01 pm by jacon4 »

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2016, 08:19:35 pm »
They have the buy-sell groups here but I have not figured how to find them !! Found a few but they were bummers !!  I am not facebook smart !!  All the yapping back and forth is boring !! I had rather watch the grass grow,, it`s more fun !!

kathyv43

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2016, 08:39:26 pm »
The way I found the online yard sales was by searching for the town/city name online yard sale and the county name online yard sale. Some are not very active but most are constantly active. I don't play their little games of going back and forth (I get bored with that also). If you really want something, you have to be a little aggressive sometimes. Some things I will hit the like button if I want it but don't want to pay what they're asking...that way I can go back to it later and see if they've had interest, if not I will low ball it. If I get it great, if not there will another one similar to it for sale soon.

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2016, 08:45:39 pm »
May check and see if any are active here !!

kathyv43

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2016, 09:28:36 pm »
May check and see if any are active here !!

I'm sure it's a different strokes for different folks kind of thing. The larger the city/county the more variety of buys of course. You can sell pretty easily on the sites also. Just price a little higher than you actually want so that you can go down a little bit. I've sold several items and got a really good price for each one. Best of luck with it!
« Last Edit: July 17, 2016, 10:35:15 pm by kathyv43 »

jacon4

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2016, 01:54:24 pm »
 I am not facebook smart !!

Well, try Twitter! you gotta make your point in 140 characters or less! One issue i have with FB is, they sell your info which means, anywhere you go on internet, you are bombarded with ads relating to any search you enter., It's a pain.

Jlsherf

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2016, 02:46:16 pm »
Kathyv43 are you talking about the Facebook swip swap pages or is I his different?  Ive used swip swap pages and they work well.  You have to be a member of the page to comment or sell.
I should have been born in another era!

jacon4

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2016, 03:22:03 pm »
Another social media site that has ads for estate/garage sales is, Nextdoor, it's local to your neighborhood as well.

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2016, 03:49:49 pm »
No thanks !!  I do not think they would like my "point" !!  There are occasions where I may be tactful and then,, there are times where tact goes straight out the window !!

Mmm,, never heard of that one !!  Do they have it here in Texas ??

kathyv43

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2016, 03:53:30 pm »
Kathyv43 are you talking about the Facebook swip swap pages or is I his different?  Ive used swip swap pages and they work well.  You have to be a member of the page to comment or sell.

No, they are online yard sales. Here most of the surrounding cities and counties have them. For instance, one may be Atlanta Georgia online yard sale or dekalb county online yard sale. You do have to join the page to post, comment, etc.
I've heard of swipswap but have not used it. Hope this helps.

kathyv43

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2016, 03:58:38 pm »
No thanks !!  I do not think they would like my "point" !!  There are occasions where I may be tactful and then,, there are times where tact goes straight out the window !!

Mmm,, never heard of that one !!  Do they have it here in Texas ??

Lol...sounds like me. You have no idea how I have to bite my tongue. On the online yard sales they think just because they have it chalk painted or it was a family members item that is antique. They will advertise it as antique, when in reality it's pushing it to be even vintage. I'm not expert as you guys are but I'm not stupid either!!!

Jlsherf

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2016, 07:24:30 am »
Thanks Katyv43 that does help!
I should have been born in another era!

ghopper1924

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2016, 07:56:30 am »
I'm in south Georgia.

Not Bacon County by any chance?