Author Topic: Crown Staffordshire breakfast set  (Read 962 times)

ssf2

• View Profile
Crown Staffordshire breakfast set
« on: July 27, 2016, 10:46:10 am »
I have a breakfast set, Crown Staffordshire pattern A15160 (at least that is on most of the pieces), pink with gold trim and a raised floral top on the lids.  The covered dish is more bowl-shaped than plate-shaped, but definitely goes with the lid since it has a raised edge to keep the lid from sliding off. According to the mark this would have been manufactured between 1906 and 1930. I thought perhaps 1940 or 50 by the style.

Slight condition issues on the tips of some of the flowers, but overall still in very good condition.

Does anyone know if this would have had an egg cup? Or would they have gone out of style by then? Also, am I missing a flat plate or a separate uncovered bowl, depending on what would have come with this pattern?
Will try to attach photos, but sometimes this site doesn't take them for some reason (they are within the proper parameters for photos.)

mart

• View Profile
Re: Crown Staffordshire breakfast set
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2016, 06:12:48 pm »
The pic of the mark is blurred,, can you take a better one !!  I can`t read it !!  Very pretty set !!

ssf2

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2016, 12:45:58 pm »
This is the best I can o on the mark.

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2016, 12:21:40 am »
The set most likely had a small plate to go along with it and a egg cup.  However, not everyone used them so you could pick the pieces you want.  There were typical 5 piece sets up to 11 or 12 piece sets.
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

ssf2

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2016, 02:06:22 am »
Thanks!