Author Topic: Reinthal & Newman Print no. 158  (Read 3293 times)

desi_ray

• View Profile
Reinthal & Newman Print no. 158
« on: September 05, 2005, 09:04:45 pm »
Hi, I'm brand-new, and I have a question: I have an old Reinthal & Newman print, no. 158, about 7 and 3/4 inches by 11 inches, with a carved medium-dark wood frame, original to it, I believe, the print is on sepia-toned paper with a hand-drawn pic of a rolling green hill at the top that's divided by a narrow road, with tall trees on the left portion of this picture, and across the road, brush on the right. Directly under that starts a poem, in about 18 point Gothic-bold printing of some sort:

It's easy enough
           to be pleasant
When life goes by
           like a song
But the man
           worth while
Is the man with a smile
When everything
    goes dead wrong."

Directly under the word "wrong," and slightly to the right of it, is a lovely pink and cream rose on a single stem, and a rose bud stem with it, both lying on their sides.
   Under the rose on the left it says, in tiny lettering, c (copyright) Reinthal & Newman, Pubs. NY. Under the rose on the far right it says: No. 158.

This item was my maternal great-grandmother's. She gave it to my maternal grandmother when she married a gentleman of the last name Worth, I guess a pun on the "man worth while" line. Does anybody have any information on this? Also, where I can look up info about Reinthal & Newman itself? I would attach a pic of this item but the page I'm on says I can't upload over 10k, and pics usually are a lot more than that. Please help!