Author Topic: Any Pepsi Cola Collectors in the forum??  (Read 9469 times)

mart

• View Profile
Re: Any Pepsi Cola Collectors in the forum??
« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2016, 02:37:17 pm »
Were they still filling 1953 bottles in 1986 ?
I remember going to my Grandmas in the early 60s.  My uncles would give me a couple bottles and I would go to the corner store and turn them in for candy.  I think I got 5 cents for them and that meant a lot of penny candy.
Just recently my Grandmas house was torn down for a large grocery store and that corner store has been gone forever.  :-[

Not on purpose !! I think someone sneaked it into the line intending to retrieve and keep it !!  Maybe the date was their birthday and since Pepsi was a favorite drink ect, ect !!  But it was shipped out before they could get it !!  A bottle that old would have long been disposed of by the company !!
« Last Edit: October 19, 2016, 02:43:22 pm by mart »

debc

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 25, 2016, 04:37:48 pm »
Well less than 21 hours to go on the auction.  Not a single question from anyone, I'm thinking that is not a good sign.  I wonder if we will get one bid, my gut says not  :-\

jacon4

• collector/ student of early american furniture
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 25, 2016, 05:11:57 pm »
Yeah, the starting price is to high in my view. Generally speaking, say an item estimated worth is $500-1000, most auction houses will start the price at half the low estimate or $250 in this example. That way it creates interest and "gets them in the door" or eyes on the object online. You can always put a reserve on your object so there is no reason not to try a lower start price to create interest.

debc

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 26, 2016, 03:23:01 pm »
Just as I thought, not a single bid.  I can only surmise that the asking price was too high.  I didn't post the ad with a reserved bid because ebay suggests not to, but rather to increase the asking price instead.  So, other than the collector who came to see the bottle, we have no other opinions of value.  I was really hoping to get some feedback on ebay.  Even someone saying " are you crazy?" would be more helpful than nothing.  Oh well. 

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 26, 2016, 03:31:05 pm »
https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&rlz=1C1SKPC_enUS366US455&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=vintage%20bottle%20forums

Why not ask some of the bottle collecting forums ??  Many of them have buy/sell classifieds !!

debc

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 26, 2016, 06:40:53 pm »
Good idea Mart, I looked around at a few, time to take a closer look  ;)

cogar

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 27, 2016, 05:14:59 am »
So, other than the collector who came to see the bottle,

Did that "collector" buy ..... or try to buy ..... any other items that you had?

debc

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 27, 2016, 08:36:43 am »
He is a Pepsi collector, so no as this was the only Pepsi item we have and he said he didn't have the money to add something like this to his collection.  I have no doubt he was convinced of the value.