Author Topic: Porcelain Figurine Maker's Mark - Made in Japan - Hand-Painted  (Read 1360 times)

pooroldcancollector

• View Profile
Hello everyone

Recently I have acquired an appreciation for ceramic / porcelain figurines. I picked up 5 of them one day, 3 of them are Royal Doultons. The other 2 have a symbol on the bottom, which to me almost looks like a mountain or a volcano or something, shaded by 2 golden leaves. Under this it says "Hand Painted" "Made in Japan". I have searched and searched and I have asked several people trying to find out what company this is and I haven't had any luck. Anyone know what company made this glass? Was it used by several companies?

At this point I don't know if I will ever find out what company this was! I would really like to be able to date these pieces, but without knowing the company I am at a loss at trying to put a date on them!

Thanks for reading

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

mart

• View Profile
Re: Porcelain Figurine Maker's Mark - Made in Japan - Hand-Painted
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2017, 09:28:52 am »
I haaven`t found anything to ID the maker either !!  Agree they are Japanese export  items most likely 1950 or after !!  Old figurines had a small hole in the bottom,,the larger holes are modern !!

pooroldcancollector

• View Profile
Re: Porcelain Figurine Maker's Mark - Made in Japan - Hand-Painted
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2017, 08:36:50 am »
Thank you for all of the information! That helped a lot!  ;D  I was thinking it would be around 1950's because it has no "Occupied" stamp & to me, it looked similar to other pieces from the 40's that had an "Occupied" stamp.

Unfortunate damage with this piece but I bought it anyway. I thought the frills on the front of his jacket were made very nicely! Beautiful piece. I found some other pieces with no damage, but a bit newer at around 1980's.

Thanks KC & Mart  ;)