Author Topic: "The King's" White Baby Grand Piano is up for auction  (Read 1170 times)

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
"The King's" White Baby Grand Piano is up for auction
« on: August 12, 2017, 11:09:47 am »
For those that are interested in famous pieces of rock and roll history...Elvis Presley's 1912 Wm Knabe and Company white baby grand is up for auction on Ebay with partial proceeds going to the Starkey Foundation (benefits those that are hearing impaired with assistance to medical care, hearing aids, etc.)

Already up to $20,000 at the time of this posting...will be interesting to see what it sells for!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Elvis-Presley-039-s-1912-Wm-Knabe-amp-Co-Grand-Piano-Bench-/192272368346?ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

mart

• View Profile
Re: "The King's" White Baby Grand Piano is up for auction
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2017, 11:13:11 am »
Should be interesting !!

jacon4

• collector/ student of early american furniture
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2017, 05:02:09 pm »
It at first seemed low to me but, he didn't play piano did he?

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2017, 08:52:52 pm »
Believe he played many instruments...guita r, piano, drums, ukelele, etc...

Funny thing, Mom reminisces often about the great days (Army) in Germany when Elvis came to the get togethers at their apartments.  Sometime later Kris Kristofferson joined in on several small gatherings they had.  Who would have known they would socialize because of the military with individuals who would become so popular!
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2017, 09:39:39 am »
Hubby told me the same thing !!  He was in Germany, France, Japan, Korea ect ect !!  He operated the LCU when they made "The Longest Day"  for the beach landing !!  Said John Wayne was great and frequently had crew members over for  a drink !!  Said Peter Lawford was a stuck up snob !! Director wanted the ramp to come down faster,, hubby tried to tell him why it could not/should not be done !!  He persisted so hubby to get back at him ( he was not nice) cut the hydraulics when they started walking down the ramp !!  Lawford,  British officer with the Bullldog, and the piper went into the water !!  He said the piper  was still pumping the bagpipe when he came up !!  They did not show that in the movie !!