Author Topic: LUXOR made in England  (Read 1211 times)

carlacornflakes

• View Profile
LUXOR made in England
« on: October 08, 2005, 04:35:05 pm »
i recently found two matching food serving bowls/warmers which appear to be old. they have the markings " LUXOR made in England," followed by two long "ro no" nubers, there are a couple of gold marks on them too: one looks like a N or z and the another on the lid looks like a number,

they are both round with a black and white design arouond the rim and lid which has gold incorperated, and two little handles joined by a leaf design, i relly have no clue what they are or what value if any they have, so if any one has any idea, please let me know!  

LUXOR made in England
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2005, 06:40:04 pm »
a bit more info - ro no numbers - could it be rd no - followed by a string of numbers? if it is that's the registration number - couldn't find Luxor as a mfgr - that may well be a pattern - any chance you can post pics of items as well as backstamps?
  KB

soldsir

• View Profile
LUXOR made in England
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2005, 02:26:42 pm »
Denby make a luxor range which if my memory is right sound s a bit like what you say.
What its worth if it is, some on E bay may be £15

LUXOR made in England
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2005, 08:14:55 pm »
Thanks to you "newbie" - as a web researcher who loves pottery/porcelain I'm always looking for links -

And here's the premier British pottery site of the Staffordshire area:

www.thepotteries.or g

Steve Birks was very helpful to me in a research project, and while he doesn't get into values as such, his knowledge of the area's history is awesome.     KB