Author Topic: Knife  (Read 819 times)

papazbare

• View Profile
Knife
« on: October 11, 2005, 09:28:52 pm »
I found a knife in Saudi Arabia during Operation Desert Storm while digging sand for sand bags.  It was buried under a foot of sand. It looks old but well preserved. It is a jack knife with crude configuration. It has a finished wooden handle with a silver or steel metal guard over top that fits and bends at top to allow knife to open by use of a ring attached at end. Knife locks at different angles. its about 5-6 inches long curved. On the blade there is logo of either a stag or moose and printed under it "Made in Germany" Which means its older then 1945 but looks like a turn of century knife by its old look design and crude locking system. I would like to know if anyone can tell me what knife company in Germany used a stag or moose logo on their knives and perhaps how old this knife might be. Again I found it in the middle of no where buried under sand in desert. MUst have been there for years. Handle is a 2 piece  finished stained wood that is held together by metal pins with a starish tip with the other end sort of bend and melted in.

What do I have and who is the maker?

Thank you, phil