Author Topic: Vintage Art Deco Abstract Paintings By Artist Martrella  (Read 1513 times)

DANTE5

• View Profile
Vintage Art Deco Abstract Paintings By Artist Martrella
« on: June 01, 2018, 08:39:09 am »
Good morning everyone,

I have four (4) large oil on canvas abstract painting that I purchased about 45 years ago from a street artist.  I've search over the years for information on the artist with no avail.  I am in Georgia (USA) and as mentioned all four painting was purchased at same time.  They measure approximately 42" x 42".  I am seeking your help in identifying the artist if possible "MARTRELLA".  Photos below are not the best but I rush to collect them for your viewing.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

DANTE5

• View Profile
Re: Vintage Art Deco Abstract Paintings By Artist Martrella
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2018, 08:40:50 am »
Signature close-up

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2018, 02:44:52 pm »
Where in Georgia did you find this artist ??

DANTE5

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2018, 02:56:41 pm »
Hi Mart...Thanks for chiming in.  It was in Atlanta, Georgia, the artist was set-up near a strip mall.  I search many years for the artist, no results in searches. Not sure if name is first or surname.  It was a male that sold them to me, I can't remember much about the transaction details, but I feel certain he was the artist. Once found a MARTRELLA in my search but it was a young woman (not an artist-making reference to the gender.)

DANTE5

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2018, 03:06:59 pm »
FOUND HIM!!!!  Right here in Atlanta.  He passed away August 2017 at age 68.  Thanks for looking

DANTE5

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2018, 03:15:39 pm »
BTW....I spoke with the mortuary to verify it the person with namesake was an artist and they verified he was.  The artist name is Martrella Jackson.  I am sooooooooooo happy to get this information.  :D :D :D  Seems like whenever I contact you guys my mind seems to open up. Thanks ;D

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2018, 08:03:43 pm »
Well,, Congrats !!  I was guessing it was a woman by the name !!  Usually street artists stay pretty close to home,, thats why I asked where you bought the paintings !!  Its a rare occasion if they do happen to get a gallery to promote them and show their work !!  Glad you found your artist !!  Guess we are your good luck charm !!   ;D

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2018, 06:10:13 pm »
Glad you found the artist's information Dantes!
Sad to hear they had passed.
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!