Author Topic: Old auditorium seats  (Read 1323 times)

Chicagolife1

• View Profile
Old auditorium seats
« on: September 27, 2018, 02:24:13 pm »
I have two auditorium seats.  Wood and cast iron. Came from sergeant high school Colorado  that was being torn down. I was wondering if they might be worth something.

mart

• View Profile
Re: Old auditorium seats
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2018, 05:42:20 pm »
Maybe if you went to school there !!  Schools replace stadium seats pretty often !!

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2018, 07:22:20 pm »
The buzz words for these items today is "theater seats"!  Just search that and you will see many that look like yours.

Yes they are worth something.  You could sell them and hope to get some money for them - just depends how many are on the market where you are and if people want them.  The more renowned the place they come from - the more $$ you can get.  I have seen sets of 2 sell for $75 up to $300 over the years.

If you don't have the room to hold on to these and it's not a hot market to sell.  You can always donate these to a fundraiser and get the tax write-off for them which is as good as cash at times.

They are a big thing for people to makeover these days - especially if you live in a trendy area.  Here's just a few examples of makeovers:
https://designs.generalfinishes.com/posts/repurposed-theater-chairs-in-black-pepper#.W67ZKVJReRv

https://www.etsy.com/listing/556774334/sold-accepting-custom-orders-vintage?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=theater%20seats&ref=sr_gallery-1-31&organic_search_clic k=1

If you just add numbers or stripes to them it makes them crazy desirable for some reason!  :)
https://www.etsy.com/listing/623326348/vintage-theatre-chairs-theater-chairs?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=theater%20seats&ref=sr_gallery-3-37&organic_search_clic k=1

« Last Edit: September 28, 2018, 07:55:02 pm by KC »
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2018, 07:57:54 pm »

I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2018, 06:57:38 am »
Never thought about revamping them,, here you can barely give them away !!

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2018, 11:27:07 am »
People love them Mart!  They don't stay around long in this area!