Author Topic: Hey KC !!  (Read 3049 times)

mart

• View Profile
Hey KC !!
« on: April 25, 2020, 06:29:36 pm »
Did you get any of that weather we had last night ??   Tornado within a mile or two here but didn`t touch down !!  Hail the size of golf  balls hitting the north window !!  Not fun !!  But it was so  scattered that little damage occured from hail !!  Only one ding in hubby`s truck but not even worth filing ins on !!  Sure was a spooky night !!   Wall of lightening to our north !!

cogar

• View Profile
Re: Hey KC !!
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2020, 04:59:22 am »
With the cool/cold temperatures, ….. far more rainy days than not ….. and an abundance of thunder storms and tornadoes, …… I am anxiously awaiting NASA/NOAH’s official report that …… “April 2020 was the most driest, hottest evah, ….. which is actual factual proof that CO2 causing anthropogenic global warming (CAGW) is occurring.

ghopper1924

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2020, 08:49:44 am »
"With the cool/cold temperatures, ….. far more rainy days than not ….. and an abundance of thunder storms and tornadoes, …… I am anxiously awaiting NASA/NOAH’s official report that …… “April 2020 was the most driest, hottest evah, ….. which is actual factual proof that CO2 causing anthropogenic global warming (CAGW) is occurring.”

How true! Good one!!
"I collect antiques because they're beautiful."

-Broderick Crawford

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2020, 10:00:48 pm »
Glad you are okay.  I saw it went your way on the radar and heard it got nasty towards your way.

We only got a lot of light display and a few sprinkles (which is a miracle because we usually get hammered.)

Sorry about your hubby's truck!  Can you pop it out? 
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2020, 01:38:13 pm »
Unless someone points it out its not even noticeable  !!  We had trees behind the vehicles so they blocked most of it !! 
No Ghopper and Cogar,, it just Texas weather !!  Pretty Normal !!

cogar

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2020, 03:21:16 pm »
Mart, we had a mini-tornado (so they said) about 3 weeks ago that touched down about 3 miles up the road from me, destroying some boat docks on the lake.

And that is unusual for here in “hill country’. The mountains usually "breaks" those kinda storm up.

The storm lasted for about an hour, with copious amounts of thunder, lightning and rain (like a cow peeing on a flat rock)…… and it sounded like 3 locomotives “racing for the crossing” as it went roaring over top of my house.

It scared the wifey, ….. said she never experienced a storm like that one.

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2020, 06:26:47 pm »
I am with her !!  I know Texas weather too well to like the spring
 storms !!  But after living here all my life,, we kind of get used to it !!  Doesn`t mean I don`t stay up and keep an eye on it though !!  I ain`t stupid !!  Got another one coming Tuesday evening !!

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2020, 10:14:28 pm »
Totally agree.  We know to have flashlights in the deemed "safe room" along with water/snacks for people and dogs.  We don't have to use it often - at least 2 times a year.

The expression is true.  If you don't like the weather in Texas...just wait a few minutes!  We have more freezing days that turn into high heat days and back.  Lots of rain, the most beautiful (and sometimes scarey) electrical storms you could ever imagine - with too many lightening cloud to ground strikes.  And then the hail!  From pea size to grapefruit size!  It's crazy!
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2020, 09:47:03 pm »
Hope you're okay after the storms last night and today Mart.  We got hammered with rain and some small hail.

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2020, 07:38:43 am »
Luckily all we got out of the last storm was wind and rain that we didn`t need !!  KC,, I went to Harbor Freight and bought some of those emergency lights for the occasional power outages !!  Have one in each room and those little things are brighter than I thought they would be !!  You have 24 hour light if one all the time and only run on triple A batteries !  We have all kinds of flashlights both battery and re-chargable !!  We do not get many outages and since we are only a quarter mile from the substation they do not last long !!  Thank heavens !!

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2020, 12:32:54 am »
I will have to go look at those at Harbor Freight.  We have flashlights, candles, lanterns, etc.  But that sounds fantastic.

Going to be up in the 90's this week.  Was down in the 30's last week.  Stay cool and well.

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2020, 08:21:32 pm »
the kind i bought have a flip switch just like a wall switch !!

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2020, 10:31:49 pm »
Had a fabulous day today!  The Blue Angels flew over the local hospitals handling COVID 19 patients in our area with loops!  Then this afternoon, our sweet neightbor turned 7 (her dad a marine died last July so her first Birthday without him and on COVID 19 lock down).  So....a Birthday Parade for her came past our homes of police cars, military, motorcycles, firetrucks, friends and a large bicycle group!  It was so uplifting for all of us to see her soooooooo happy!

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2020, 05:34:16 am »
ou will just have to overlook my typing !!  tripped over one of the dogs and broke left forearm pretty good !!  had surgery to fix it,, not my choice either,, but no way around this one !!
glad the littlr girl had something for her birthday !!  its hard on kids that dont understand this lockdown !!  tell her we all  said happy birthday !!  hate this one hand stuff !!  just try to put jeans on with one hand,,not to mention socks !!

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2020, 12:01:30 am »
Oh Mart.....I am so sorry to hear that.  How long do they say you will be cast up?

Yep been there once...had to learn to wiggle into clothes.  Thank goodness no camera ever caught it!  LOL

Do the shimmy (remember that old dance?)