Author Topic: Merry Christmas everyone !!  (Read 2740 times)

mart

• View Profile
Merry Christmas everyone !!
« on: December 24, 2020, 05:44:29 am »
Hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year !!

Rauville

• View Profile
Re: Merry Christmas everyone !!
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2020, 07:39:04 pm »
Merry Christmas folks.

“My idea of Christmas, whether old-fashioned or modern, is very simple: loving others. Come to think of it, why do we have to wait for Christmas to do that?”
― Bob Hope

ghopper1924

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2020, 07:57:01 am »
Happy Happy!!!!! :D
"I collect antiques because they're beautiful."

-Broderick Crawford

jacon4

• collector/ student of early american furniture
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2020, 11:46:12 am »
MERRY CHRISTMAS!
Dang, where are all the people?

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2020, 06:51:46 pm »
I wonder the same thing Jacon4 !!  They say everyone goes to facebook now !!  I can`t  find  anything there !!  And its boring !

jacon4

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2020, 12:54:14 am »
Well, we have talked about this before, the decline in members and postings on this site.
You should give Antiquers another try, yes there are some folks over there that are Putz's, that's why they have an iggy or block button. Just like on Twitter, you gotta hit that iggy button & POOF, they and their nonsense, DISAPPEAR!
 I iggied a Feminazi just the other day, when I first went there I was reluctant to do that, NO MORE! now I iggy in a NY min! just like on Twitter.
GIVE IT ANOTHER TRY!
AND, remember that iggy/block button, VERY IMPORTANT!
« Last Edit: December 27, 2020, 12:57:48 am by jacon4 »

jacon4

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2020, 01:04:48 am »
Don't get me wrong, I don't iggy when someone honestly disagrees, that's just part of the normal give & take of discussion but, when someone gets out of line, abusive, try to lure me into BS argument, bla bla bla, IGGY!
« Last Edit: December 27, 2020, 01:59:36 am by jacon4 »

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2020, 12:28:54 pm »
A Day Late....Merry Christmas! 

Both our dogs are sick (major ear infections - worst we have ever seen!) and it has been a long 2 days up with them!  But they are doing better today!

Even so...grateful for the true meaning of Christmas.  All of our family is healthy (most got COVID throughout the year and are over it with no long term effects!) 

When I tried joining Antiquers years ago I had to comfirm my account with a confirmation email that they were to send me.  to this day, after at least 50+ attempts, i have NEVER received that confirmation email!  Just tried again!    Noone to contact about it...noone ever responded in the past!  Sad!
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2020, 06:01:24 pm »
Well,, Jacon4  I may try again but I do not do Twitter and have no idea what those buttons  are !  Remember I am old !!  They were just utterly rude !!

jacon4

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2020, 02:06:28 am »
OK, you 2 old women, quit whining! Do, Do not, There is no try!
KC, their email thingy gets squirrelly every now & then, create a new account!
Mart, if someone is being rude, click their avatar, click ignore and BAM!
You girls need to stop making excuses, it's 2021 (almost) not 2010. Times Change!

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2020, 02:22:29 pm »
I go on and look often.  Just am limited because I can't complete my registration.  I even used an email of a friend to try and sign up and same thing with theirs.

There is no button and/or no way to contact the mediator/owners of the site.  So...it is what it is.

Do agree with Mart that some of the members are pretty doggone abrupt/rude and forget what it was like to be a newbie and/or someone who knows nothing about inherited pieces - appearing insensitive to the fact that an item is priceless to a family but may not be priceless in value.

I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

jacon4

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2020, 10:38:19 pm »
Yes, agree with Mart it can be a bit sticky getting started on any new social type site but, that is part of it. There is also an opportunity to make new online "friends". You have to expect a few bumps in the road as a newby ( email issues, rude people, posting photos, etc) on any site like this but, as stated above, you just iggy as many bumps as possible and move on, that's what I do. The world is not ALL a bowl of cherries, either online or in the "real" world.
Of the thousands of members over there, guessing hundreds that are regulars, without looking/checking I am guessing I have iggied 5 or 6 members, you ladies are blowing this out of proportion in my view.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2020, 10:53:58 pm by jacon4 »

ghopper1924

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2020, 06:10:43 am »
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year:

I know what you're saying about the "other" site. There are a few rude folks over there, for sure. I was attacked almost immediately after I signed on, and it turned out to be a troll. That dude was banned immediately, for life.

I do what Jacon does as far as that goes; just hit "ignore."  Believe it or not, I've actually become friends with the person I first  "ignored" the most (NOT the troll mentioned above), after a period of time. It's a good feeling.

I just go there because it's very active, and there are a lot of folks with useful knowledge there. I've even had help in identifying fakes, which were extremely useful learning experiences :)

Anyway, when you hit the splash page over there, just e-mail one of the moderators to help you get in. They are very helpful!!

I think that the few remaining core members here have a lot of knowledge that could benefit the people over there.
"I collect antiques because they're beautiful."

-Broderick Crawford

jacon4

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2020, 06:19:27 am »
Yes! What Ghopper said! and

HAPPY NEW YEAR! everyone

jacon4

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2020, 12:11:21 pm »
And, let Ghopper & I know if you join so we can GREET you in the introduction forum! I hardly venture outside the furniture forum, EVER!