Author Topic: Early 1900's King-Haase Pecan wood bed set  (Read 1794 times)

Plmanus1277

• View Profile
Early 1900's King-Haase Pecan wood bed set
« on: June 22, 2023, 08:26:47 am »
My husband's has his Grandfather's b curved footboard bed set.  Pecan wood, full size, with dresser and mirror.
Made by King-Haase furniture company in Memphis.  That facility burned in 1933.
Trying to figure our worth of this set.  Pictures below.
Thanks in advance!

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
Re: Early 1900's King-Haase Pecan wood bed set
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2023, 02:40:23 am »
What a beautiful old set.  What a great memory for you.

Fortunately you have sentimental value for this set.  You have to realize that that in the 1920's (most likely your set is from that time period - if not already an antique) that people had to work hard and save for a long time to purchase a set like this. 

The market is rather low with the current economy.  If in pristine condition, this set would sell for $500 to $800 in Dallas/Fort Worth area.
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

frankhudson

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2024, 03:34:04 am »
It's heartwarming to hear about the sentimental value attached to your husband's Grandfather's bed set. Family heirlooms like these carry a wealth of memories and history, making them truly priceless.

Considering the craftsmanship and history behind the King-Haase furniture company, your set holds significant value beyond its monetary worth. While the current market may dictate a lower price range, it's essential to recognize the intrinsic value this set holds for your family.

If you're ever looking to preserve or enhance the beauty of your antique furniture, companies like Frontera offer a wide range of products and services tailored to antique restoration and maintenance. From furniture polishes to restoration kits provides solutions to help keep your cherished pieces in top condition for generations to come.

Ultimately, the worth of your bed set transcends monetary value, serving as a tangible connection to your family's heritage and legacy. It's a testament to the craftsmanship of generations past and a treasure to be cherished for years to come.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2024, 09:44:17 pm by KC »

rowancampbell

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2024, 08:10:45 am »
Excellent website! I adore how it is easy on my eyes it is. I am questioning how I might be notified whenever a new post has been made. Looking for more new updates. Have a great day!   
« Last Edit: June 07, 2024, 02:36:40 pm by KC »