Author Topic: Villeroy and Boch Porcelain Post Cards aka Vilbo and CeramCard  (Read 1167 times)

phoebe

• View Profile
Anyone since the 2010 post rinterested in or actually collectiing the vingage Villeroy and Boch Porcelain  Postcards, aka Vilbo and CeramCards?  I now have a vast collection just reinstituied two years ago. I am nearing the end of finding "new' ones to add. 

I began in 1984 when they were new and sold in Villeroy and Boch Outlet stores. These cards were manufactured in Germany between 1980 and 1999.  One side has artists images with the reverse is in a postcard format for actual message and addressing-they are however sent in a box with containmnet if used.. Many cards now bought have such writing and as such are sold alone -no boxes. Many though are unused- some in the original booxes other withoiut. They coukd be hung if wished and the reverse has the name of the card and the artist.  However Villeroy and Boch never published a complete listing of cards. Some were specofically distributed by a company and are rarer to locate.

I have been in contact with VB Curating for a complete list but due to remodeling or maybe they just do not have such that they know of??? it is not looking to be productive. I have contactefd Kovels and my library...but my own research has exceeded anything they could giove me. located a couple of collector created listing fro about 10 years ago- far from complete and only containing what they have seen them selves or bought.I am certain many are out there but not yet making it to online which is my only option at age 72 and no longer traveling.   Would love some addotion resources.

Now of course sold only second hand- mostly through Ebay, Etsey and some German based sites like Kleinananzeigen that was formerly with Ebay but is stand alone. But  you have to have deloivery to within Germany. You can only register to ot if with German residence...but you can view.. I have a broker there from Ebay, otherwise USA acess is limited. Even some Ebay Germany sellers will only ship within Germany.

If interested in more information let me know by email. And if you want to share please do. Doenst seem I can post photos here?

rowancampbell

• View Profile
Re: Villeroy and Boch Porcelain Post Cards aka Vilbo and CeramCard
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2024, 08:17:39 pm »
Thanks so much for this information. I have to let you know I concur on several of the points you make here and others may require some further review, but I can see your viewpoint.   
« Last Edit: August 20, 2024, 01:29:59 am by KC »