Author Topic: dresden porceline plaque  (Read 1070 times)

guardiansoleguardiansoul

dresden porceline plaque
« on: January 28, 2006, 12:16:21 pm »
This Dresden porceline plaque is 5 inches in diameter, 1/2 inch thick with Adolf Hitler on the front and a swastika on the back. The artist signed his name, Eric Ohmeh and dated 41 (1941). Both the profile of Hitler and the swastika are raised relief. The profile of Hitler has excelent detail. Any information about this piece of porceline art or where I might sell it would be appreciated. Even an apprasial.

kerryandbee

• View Profile
dresden porceline plaque
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2006, 04:48:01 pm »
Your plaque falls in a category of militaria, third reich.  The items appeal to historians and collectors.  I wonder if the artist was Eric Ohme a German sculptor born in Meissen in 1898.  In my search one site stood out:

http://www.germaniainternational.com/hitler8.html

This is a large site and welcomes inquiries.  KB

kerryandbee

• View Profile
dresden porceline plaque
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2006, 09:55:19 pm »
responding to your other query:  No, I didn't find your specific plaque.  But I've been doing web research for folks for about 7 years now - and there seems to be an increasing interest and information on all things related to WWII.  

These items can bring to those who lived thru WWII a lot of pain - but as  I mentioned, there are collectors and historians.  

There can also be an intrinsic value to these items that transcends the political value.  

I sincerely hope that you pursue the genre of militaria.  There's where the history of your plaque will be.  This plaque is already 51 years old.   KB