Author Topic: Kutschenreuther Selb Bavaria China  (Read 3177 times)

techchickbdv

• View Profile
Kutschenreuther Selb Bavaria China
« on: March 26, 2006, 07:38:53 pm »
We have an incomplete set of Bavaria China, that has a lion on the back and says Kutschenreuther Selb Bavaria...also has a number 33 printed on it, and U.S. Patent 82581.
It has a floral pattern on the front.  Does anyone have an idea what each piece or an incomplete set might be worth?
My family wants to sell it, so I need to get some ideas.
Even if its just what the pattern name is...

kerryandbee

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2006, 08:19:34 pm »
the "K" is an H in fancy script -

try here:

www.replacements.co m              or     here:  www.edish.com

values you might find are high retail replacement - on a private sale you might receive 1/3 to 1/2 less.   Post back if I can be of further assistance.  Nice German porcelain.  

http://www.petziman.de/hallmarks/hutschenreuther.jpg

this site may help you date your items - it can be enlarged

KB

techchickbdv

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2006, 12:19:51 am »
Thanks for the links!  I'm researching them now...

Here is a picture of one of the plates...

http://dallasrules.com/Stuff/stuff%20020.jpg

I looked at the site with the different lion marks, but didn't see one that looked like this one...and unfortunately I can't get a good pic of the back of the plate.  I'll try to sketch it.

kerryandbee

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2006, 09:24:11 pm »
interesting - I missed the reference to the US patent number - these are NOT easy to research - Yikes !!

Okay - possibilty here:  the "whiteware" was produced by Hutsch----etc.  It was exported to the US for the design application - are there any indications that the design was handpainted?  Applied designs "baked on" ie: transfer designs up close always have the look of "pixels".  Hand painted has brush strokes, no matter how fine.  Some porcelain has a combo of transferware with hand done details -

Good pics - and with a handdrawn backstamp you might be able to have replacements.com do a search for you - see site for instruction

Re:  the backstamp:  there's a great Germany site called:

www.porcelainmarksa ndmore.com     It's privately maintained by the well-credentialed Chris Simon Marshall.  No values here, but lots of backstamps wth dates.   Best wishes, KB