Author Topic: New here and got some things  (Read 793 times)

chatterx

• View Profile
New here and got some things
« on: March 27, 2006, 09:59:53 pm »
Hello, I am new here and dont know the extent of everyones knowledge on antiques.

I have a friend who does metal detecting and collects old bottles he finds from time to time. The other day he asked me to take pictures of some things he has found to get a idea on what they are and possibly worth. If anyone knows... your input is greatly appreciated. Or if you could point me in the right direction... that would be appreciated as well

First item is some kind press or stamp, the whole thing is made of iron, but I dont know what the actual die is made of cause it really doesnt show any corrosion.

Next up is a bracelet of some sorts. It appears to be made of copper. My friend was told it was a slave bracelet... I dunno I would think so too

Now pics of some medallions he has found, they all seem to be catholic. I know the first one has a date of 1830 on it. If you have anymore questions on these just ask and I can get him to take a closer look at them

OK last is some bottles he has found. first bottle has a number 1691 on the bottom. Second bottle he said was made of crock?? third bottle has a deep bottom and a slight deformation on the neck. and the fourth bottles we cant figure out... tops seem to be made of some really soft metalor hardened rubber.