Author Topic: value of dining table  (Read 1068 times)

Gcobb

• View Profile
value of dining table
« on: June 13, 2006, 06:52:23 pm »
I have a diningroom table and chairs from Union Furniture Co. Quality Dining Room Furniture Jamestown NY.  It was shipped to S. Tennenbauz & Co. 313 W. 5th St. Cincinnati, OH. I bought it from a bargain store in Campbellsburg,KY.  I would like to know how old it really is and it's value price. I will e-mail a picture at a later date.  There is a number on the bottom of the table.  It is 278. I don't know if it's a stock number or what. The length is 110'', 45'' width. Also, need to know type of wood.  The lady at the store said that it was over two hundred years old.  any info would be appreciated.  
                                                             Thank You,
                                                              Gcobb

Tim

• View Profile
value of dining table
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2006, 03:29:24 pm »
Jonas Peters, John Erlander, John Pehrson, and James Sindquist created the Union Furniture Company in 1876. Soon after its beginning, one of Rockford’s most important industrialists, P.A. Peterson, joined Union as corporate secretary, a position he held for over forty years. After the first factory burned in 1889, the company relocated to a large plot on Rockford’s southeast side. By 1900 Union Furniture employed over 200 men. It proved to be not only one of Rockford’s most important furniture manufacturers but also one of the longest lived, lasting over seventy-five years.

You'll have to post photos here in order for someone to determine value, age and type of wood.........