Author Topic: 8 place setting dishes made in occupied japan  (Read 3308 times)

candee

8 place setting dishes made in occupied japan
« on: June 24, 2003, 10:42:15 am »
i bought an 8 place china set from a garage sale. it was made in occupied japan. i was offered 200 dollars for it.  should i sell
it or is it worth more?  :ph34r:  

ozzy

• View Profile
Re: 8 place setting dishes made in occupied japan
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2009, 02:23:30 pm »
kovel's has occupied japan listed as number 1 for the most 20 top collectibles

D&b antiques

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2009, 02:28:49 pm »
Theres alot of it out there. I would sell.

ironlord1963

• View Profile
    • Ironlord's Treasure Chest
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2009, 06:24:55 pm »
Welcome Candee.  Ozzy and Db are both right.  Occupied japan stuff does sell very well, lots of collectors and yes there are lots of occupied japan stuff out there.  $200.00 is a good price for a set of China. Depending on the number of items and condition.  Of course the more fancy the set is can also have impact on the value.  Simple, Fancy, or Extra fancy for example.  A good Fancy set of china can get you 300.00 +, extra Fancy more.  The only problem is Full sets of china is slow movers.  A cup and saucer made in occupied japan will move very fast.  Full sets will usually collect a bit of dust until someone comes along and wants it.  Not sure how much you paid for the set at the rummage sale but if you are looking at more then 50% profit then sell, it could take months for you to find someone willing to buy the whole set

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2009, 12:20:00 pm »
The exception to the rule about full sets is the pattern and how it appears.  If it has lots of dark blue in it or maroons...they sell higher....if they still have that "classy" look!

Your pattern and appearance will make a difference.  Too bad we can't see it!
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!