Author Topic: Made in U.S.A. Limoges  (Read 1708 times)

donnadd

• View Profile
Made in U.S.A. Limoges
« on: November 16, 2006, 11:27:22 am »

Does anyone have any info on a dinnerware set I have that was my grandmother's.  On the back it says
Made in U.S.A. Limoges.  Under that is written DuBARRY    Under that 5K-NI.  It has a fluted edge, center motif of flowers (roses, tulip and small daisy-like flowers)  A smaller version is around the rim at 12,3,6,& 9 o'clock.  
I think it was made in the 30's or 40's.  I'm wondering about its worth?  and is it safe to eat off of? (lead?),  I have plates, soup bowls, dessert bowls, sugar creamer.  The plates and soup bowls have the markings but the other pieces do not.  Thank you for any help.    
donnadd

Lindaleelovesantiques

• View Profile
Made in U.S.A. Limoges
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2006, 08:27:29 pm »
Go to www.replacemernts.c om They will give you all the information and value free. Lindaleelovesantiqu s

Lindaleelovesantiques

• View Profile
Made in U.S.A. Limoges
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2006, 08:28:14 pm »
Go to www.replacemernts.c om They will give you all the information and value free. Lindaleelovesantiqu s

Lindaleelovesantiques

• View Profile
Made in U.S.A. Limoges
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2006, 08:29:16 pm »

Lindaleelovesantiques

• View Profile
Made in U.S.A. Limoges
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2006, 11:56:33 pm »
sorry I get frustrated because if there is no pattern number or mark they say sent a picture and they'll try to help you if they can. I have a beautiul set from  marked EMAUX DE LIMOGES PORCALAINE FABRIQUE (signed by the french artist from the last century A. Mehun. It has a different bird on each plate holding a branch of differnt trees and bushes. All done in 22kt. gold filigree and heavy around rims. I am sending pictures to them. I can't find much on the net. Replacements are really excited about 3 plates I found at the Goodwill thrift I almost dropped them when I read the backs. They want pictures and their curator will trace them because they are historical and they want to have first offer on n quote to buy. They are in almost mint condition for their age.They are marked BOHEMIA CZECHO-SLOWAKIA Bohemia was a city in Czecho-Slowakia Czecho and Slowakia were two countries and spelled in German After WWI Bohemia became part of Austria and the two countries were combined into one and spelled Czechoslovakia. My husbands grandmother's birth certificate is spelled Czecho-Slowakia. China was not made during the war and the curator says they are very old. My husband is the history buff and says no way are we selling. We'll see.....I collect odd pieces to sell just for fun as I am disabled with Parkinson and I have fun doing it. Try a picture and the curator will help. You must have a rare set so it's worth pursuing. Maybe w'll both be rich!!! Lindalee