Author Topic: Antiques maybe, but all new to me  (Read 856 times)

Finnie

• View Profile
Antiques maybe, but all new to me
« on: November 19, 2006, 04:19:33 pm »
Hi there everyone,

Just happened to find this site while trying to figure out how much if anything this bottle would be worth. I do know this particular bottle was the last batch of rum made for specifically for theCanadian Navy with its own label. The bottle has a date on the bottom of 81. I do know some people like old bottles, I know I do. I was just curious if it had any value.

Also, I have a couple of WW1 engraved shell casings I would like to know what their value is. They were hand engraved, apparently in the trenches, given to my Father back in the 50's when they were stationed in Europe.

As well, I have an old Elvis movie poster, the ones found in the casing at the movie theaters. It is dated 1957 and is numbered 57/533. The movie was Jailhouse Rock

On my little list of things I found at my parents is a Hummel plaque, with a pciture of a little girl holding a basket in one hand filled with flowers, her other arm filled with flowers and a headband made out of these same flowers.

Finally, on my adventure, I  have a salt and pepper shaker, looks to be rather old. Porcelain, in the shape of a basket. The basket is white, each shaker sits in the basket with a rose on top of each shaker and green foilage under the roses. The edges of the basket are outlined in a gold colour. The bottom of this shaker set says Japan with a number 24409.

Any advice would be very helpful and very much appreciated. :)

Please email nsfitter@yahoo.ca with any advice you may be able to offer.

Thanks in advance.