Author Topic: Needing information!  (Read 2367 times)

sunnie01_ks

• View Profile
Needing information!
« on: December 28, 2006, 11:53:44 am »
I have a Garland stove range No. 18 A that is in excellant condition that i just can't seem to find out any information on. I am seeking to find pictures of as well as prices. Any information would be greatly apreciated.

Tim

• View Profile
Re: Needing information!
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2006, 10:55:39 am »
Not a lot of info on Garland. Here:  http://www.antiquestoves.com/  is one of my favorite stove sites. Maybe an email to them will give you some more information. Remember that condition is very important. One is/was listed on eBay at $160 needing some work.

Enodis Corporation is the leading provider of commercial food equipment solutions. The Enodis group of companies has a full range of “hot” and “cold” side core equipment products, holds one of the leading technology positions in the industry, and maintains a leading portfolio of brands.

Enodis has roots that date back as far as 1864, when two brothers, Jeremiah and James Dwyer, founded the Detroit Stove Works in Detroit, Michigan. The industry boomed during the period of industrial expansion following the War. Jeremiah left to become the manager of the Michigan Stove Company. In 1925 the two companies merged which resulted in the Detroit-Michigan Stove Company. The company manufactured and sold ranges under the trade names “Detroit Jewel”, “Garland”, and “Laurel”.

In 1929 the Welbilt Stove Company was founded in Maspeth, New York as a producer of household gas ranges under the Welbilt Stove trademark. Welbilt Corporation came into being in 1955 as a result of a merger of Welbilt Stove Company, Inc. into Detroit-Michigan Stove Company, becoming the world’s largest stove manufacturer, including the Garland operation. In connection with the merger Welbilt Corporation became a public company.

sunnie01_ks

• View Profile
Re: Needing information!
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2006, 04:38:24 pm »
Thank you kindly for the information. I have been to that site and i agree with you as it is very informative , however it didn't help me with the information that i needed. I will continue to search and must admit that in doing so i have learned alot about the history of stoves, ranges, and heaters. Have a wonderful day!