Author Topic: PLEASE HELP IDENTIFY MAKERS MARK  (Read 2496 times)

ig0527

• View Profile
PLEASE HELP IDENTIFY MAKERS MARK
« on: January 09, 2007, 11:03:53 am »
I recently purchased a tea set from an auction that was badly tarnished. With some elbow grease I have uncovered the following makers mark: a diamond laying on it's side, with the name Rogers, and quadrpleplate, 1275. After researching for hours on the net I can't find anything similar, and am finding tons of Rogers, Wm. Tom Dick and Harry! But no just plain Rogers. Can anyone help and save my sanity?

dontbe

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.antique-shop.com
Re: PLEASE HELP IDENTIFY MAKERS MARK
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2007, 06:22:46 pm »
Can you post a picture here?
regards ,Ed
Go to My Webpage
to talk about antiques and check on upcoming antique related events

ChicagoRobH

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2007, 08:55:36 am »
New to this... but look here...

http://www.silver-appraisals.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=appraisal.certificate&act=form&item_id=79485

Quote from above page:

Title:      Tea Pot Roget Quadruple Plate 1275
WhatsItWorthToYou.c om
Description:    Ornate teapot approx 7.5" tall, marked on bottom w/Roget Quadruple Plate 1275. Flip Lid
« Last Edit: January 11, 2007, 08:57:51 am by ChicagoRobH »

ig0527

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2007, 09:37:44 am »
Thank you for your assistance, I had seen that link in my search. The thing is, it most definatly says Rogers not Roget on the bottom. Everything else is the same. I looked at the picture up close and the style is the same on handles and beadwork on rims, my set does not have the floral motiff on the body of pieces it is just plain as far as I can tell under all the tarnish. The history of Rogers is so convulted, I am not sure what it is I actually have. I took out a bunch of books at the library and so far no luck. The only thing close was a picture of a butter knife given away as a ladies magazine subscription premium back in 1847? or so by Rogers & Co. the pattern seems to match, but it is hard to tell if the tea set would have been a part of that set.

Tannah225

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2007, 04:15:14 am »
Have you considered the obvious?  The link IS to a Roger's piece - the description simply has a typo - described as Roget instead of Roger.