Author Topic: Help with old Pedestal Sink & Bath Accessories  (Read 903 times)

c_robertson

• View Profile
Help with old Pedestal Sink & Bath Accessories
« on: August 23, 2007, 08:16:46 am »
So, I thought I was going to someones home to buy a used porcelain pedestal sink and other bath accessories that had 'daisies or some other country-style flowers on it' but when I got there it ended up to be much more than that.  It looked quite old, although I was not certain it was an antique I bought it and took it home with me.  The gentleman who had lived in the house for a year and remodeled it, said the house was built in the 40's and he didn't believe it had been remodeled since it was built.  Well, when I got these incredible pieces home, I began to clean them and found that they were not from the 40's, but from the 70's, but still somewhat old.  The stamp into the porcelain on the bottom of the sink itself says either '12-1-71' or '12-1-77', all of the porcelain accessories and faucet handle parts are stamped 'Made in Italy' and aside from needing to clean the tarnish off of the brass faucet a bit, it is absolutely gorgeous and is in perfect working order.  The mirror has a stamp on it that says 'Istvan Boeddecker 12-11-77' and all of the parts match.  I will be installing this piece in my powder bath when I get it all cleaned up, but before I did that I wanted to be sure that I should be doing that.  I did a search for 'Istvan Boeddeckker' and all I am coming up with is and orchestra in Italy or Germany.  Any help anyone could offer would be much appreciated.  Thanks so much!