Author Topic: Unique Antique Pitcher Crock - any details surrounding this?  (Read 1703 times)

mljerin

• View Profile
Unique Antique Pitcher Crock - any details surrounding this?
« on: September 20, 2007, 08:15:14 pm »
i have an old pitcher crock that was my great grandmother's crock.  nobody seems to know where it came from or how old it is.  i love this crock and would like to know more about it.  i have searched the web and cannot find anything like it.  there are no marks on the bottom of the crock, but the bottom has the same glaze as the rest of the crock.  here are two links to pictures of the crock.

any help is appreciated.  thanks for your time.

Tim

• View Profile
Re: Unique Antique Pitcher Crock - any details surrounding this?
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2007, 01:36:53 pm »
These molded, decorated pitchers were popular from about 1830 through early 1900's. Midway through there or about 1870 would be considered there largest productions. Many, many potteries (mostly eastern US) made stoneware bowls, crocks, pitchers, etc. Without specific markings its pret-near impossible to determine a 'maker'. Yours appears to be in nice condition, no cracks/chips. The grazing is acceptable and I really like the blue/green color. A nice pitcher indeed.

Tim

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2007, 01:40:03 pm »
oops.............th at crazing.........not grazing............ ......and some book some where made have this particular pitcher/scene titled. I have not seen this particular scene, but I sure like it.
Tim

mljerin

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2007, 04:18:14 pm »
Thank you very much for your time.  I also have had pictures of this posted on yahoo answers and still have not had a reply.  I will keep searching, but at least I have a little more to go on.  Thanks again!