Author Topic: Should be an easy one - Anyone seen a chair like this before?  (Read 1855 times)

kimorf

• View Profile
Should be an easy one - Anyone seen a chair like this before?
« on: November 07, 2007, 01:56:23 am »
Sorry about the large image.  I wanted to make sure there was enough detail.  I picked this up without my usual amount of deliberation, and now have grown rather curious as to exactly what I have purchased.  Any info whatsoever about what this is, where it originated, etc... would be greatly appreciated. 

Cheers.

linkcharmer

• View Profile
Re: Should be an easy one - Anyone seen a chair like this before?
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2007, 09:11:36 pm »
My first thought was that it was a wooden copy of a folding chair, something like one of those director's chairs.  Then I thought it looked awfully ornate, but in a primitive way.  Now I'm wondering if there are any maker marks, or anything on it to help identify it?  Also, is it comfortable to sit in?  Other than that, I'm no furniture expert, but I probably would have bought it also, if the price was low enough.

Bob

Tim

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2007, 10:59:20 am »
I try a search of Roman Medieval style furniture. Yours appears to be a revival of that period.

Pholma Pris

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2007, 02:45:10 am »
Ya nice, even i have lots of antique chair collection, one of my favorite chair is this, you people like this, i like this type of model chairs very much, nice post your comment here, i wanna see how much response getting this type of chairs  ;)

dbaileyway7

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2007, 05:52:46 pm »
  It's called a "THRONE CHAIR" . I had 1 made of quartersawn oak and sold it for $400. Only thing different, the seat was wood and the back heavily carved. You can find them on ebay from time to time.Good Luck