Author Topic: Columbian colortype co. Chicago American Indian print  (Read 6029 times)

sadillow

• View Profile
Columbian colortype co. Chicago American Indian print
« on: December 27, 2007, 06:35:06 pm »
Hi all,
My great-Aunt has given me a print of an American Indian slumped over a horse. The frame is original and the bottom portion of the print reads Columbian Colortype co. Chicago. Does anyone know history on the company or the value of the print. Any help would be wonderful!

Tim

• View Profile
Re: Columbian colortype co. Chicago American Indian print
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2007, 06:54:35 pm »
Goggle "The End of the Trail, by James Fraser"............this may be the print you have????

If so is has been reprinted many times. Columbian Colortype was around in the 1920's-30's+

caplysmom

• View Profile
Re: Columbian colortype co. Chicago American Indian print
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2008, 11:31:44 am »
Hi!  :) I also have an american indian print by Columbian Colortype co.  Mine is of an Indian sitting upright on his horse with his arms stretched outward as he looks to the heavens.  I absolutely love the picture.  MY grandfather got it from his aunt and passed it on to my grandma, my mother and eventually me.  I am excited to know your print exists because maybe there was a series of American Indian prints.  the main color in mine is blue.  Is that true of yours as well? 

caplysmom
« Last Edit: February 18, 2008, 11:55:23 am by caplysmom »