Author Topic: WWII Items and Apollo 11 Pics  (Read 1359 times)

Ratto1

• View Profile
WWII Items and Apollo 11 Pics
« on: January 13, 2008, 02:27:59 pm »
Hi my name is Dan, I'm not to sure if this is worth anything, but my grandmother's brother was in the navy and picked up a shell of what I believe is a 40mm MK1 from WWII, he was stationed at Guantanamo Bay. I also have a Newspaper from August 15th 1945, when Japan Accepts Full Defeat. And I also have Pictures of Apollo 11 on the moon from the U.S. Government Printing Office, in Washington D.C.

I have attached pictures. If anyone is interested or anyone who may know how much some of these objects may costs, please let me know! :)

sarge197

• View Profile
Re: WWII Items and Apollo 11 Pics
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2008, 11:25:52 pm »
I have a 40mm dummy round and it looks like yours.  However, mine is clearly marked "Dummy" and the brass case has several holes cleanly drilled in it to prove the case does not contain powder/propellant.  Just a suggestion, but if yours is not marked "Dummy" and/or is in one piece, I would recommend being very careful with it as it may still be live.  No offense intended, but I have encountered live military munitions many times in my career and they can be dangerous.

I think the other items would have some value to a collector.

Sarge