Author Topic: Knights of the Maccabees  (Read 1764 times)

Grogz

• View Profile
Knights of the Maccabees
« on: January 22, 2008, 09:51:36 am »
Yesterday, I just aquired a very neat sword.  I went up to Indiana and attended my grandmothers funeral.  While I was up there, I stayed with my uncle and told him that I collected various swords (mostly Katanas). 

Anyway, he gave me this sword that use to belong to my great uncle.  This sword is like a rapier.  Not a functional sword by any means.  On one side, it has my great uncles name on it, and the other side has "Knights of the Maccabees", along with other art work.  Also the manufacturer's name is on it, the Henderson-Ames Company. 

Although I suspect the sword itself isnt really a high priced item.  I am not looking to sell it unless someone offers a great deal of money.  But mainly, I am looking for history and the significance of this sword.  I have done some quick research already on the Knights of the Maccabees and also on the Henderson-Ames company.  Now I have a general concept of the knights and the company but I havent found what significance the sword played here.  Was it something that all the members of this secret society received?  Or did just a few members receive it?

So any websites, documents, or anything that can shed more light on this sword and the Knights of the Maccabees would be greatly appreciated.

Tim

• View Profile
Re: Knights of the Maccabees
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2008, 10:31:11 pm »
Goggle Masonic Knights of the Maccabees.....lots of information