Author Topic: Flemish/Dutch Cabinet  (Read 1535 times)

saphyre

• View Profile
Flemish/Dutch Cabinet
« on: February 20, 2008, 06:09:59 pm »
Hello!
I recently purchased a Flemish/Dutch cabinet and I was wondering if anyone could provide some information on the history/value of the piece? I have done a search online and have not been able to find anything quite like it. So far, I have read that it may be called a "Kas". May be from the 17th century. May be called "baroque" style of furniture. I have included a few links to photos and would appreciate any information you may have.
Thanks  :)
(I've attached 2 snapshots here, all of the photos are at the following site:
http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=n4sykxb.4n2xi6vb&x=0&y=tvr727)

saphyre

• View Profile
Re: Flemish/Dutch Cabinet
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2009, 08:52:06 am »
I posted this message a while ago and never got any responses. I am still interested in learning about the piece.

Figured I'd try to repost and see if anyone out there has any input....

D&b antiques

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2009, 06:28:21 pm »
Mid to late 1920's designed in a renaissance style. if the glass was'nt present and in american style we would call it a '' chimney cupboard.

value wise. $2,500.00 to $3,000.00 Dollars. high end shop expect it to be higher.

saphyre

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2009, 04:53:29 am »
Thanks for the reply. Initially the piece was really worn and tattered. I paid to have it restored and this is the outcome. The antique shop owner knew little about it except that it had been shipped to his store from England and was of the Dutch style of the 18th century. Your response about the glass is interesting. The glass would date it to be later.
Thanks again.