Author Topic: Help with oak rocker  (Read 1858 times)

lgolson

• View Profile
Help with oak rocker
« on: March 06, 2008, 09:51:10 pm »
we have an oak rocker that belonged to my wife's father.  He is 76 and the rocker was given to him by his grandmother.  the seat is stuffed with straw and kapok and wrapped in burlap.  we're pretty sure the rocker came from Ohio.  Does anyone know if the markings on the bottom of the seat mean anything or is it just an old potatoe sack. 

cogar

• View Profile
Re: Help with oak rocker
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2008, 03:08:14 am »
Just the markings on the piece of burlap that the person chose who last "re-did" the seat. It could have been an old feed sack, potato sack, etc. For the "do-it yourselfers", burlap is hard to find anymore because said sacks are now made of plastic.

lgolson

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2008, 09:16:42 am »
thanks Cogar

Sass2050

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2008, 08:32:47 pm »
I have a Berhardt chest and I wrote the company for any information that they might have about the chest.  They wrote back that they needed the 3 digit number that was handwritten on the back of the piece..maybe several times.  They said with that number they would be able to tell me when it was made, where, what it was made of and how much it sold for way back when.  Sure enough, there are 3 numbers written in crayon or marker.  Those might be something like that.