Author Topic: Help Identify this Gun and Violin Please....and their worth!  (Read 2203 times)

pamlikin

• View Profile
Help Identify this Gun and Violin Please....and their worth!
« on: April 04, 2008, 09:38:06 am »
I have TWO things I need help with.  First, I have an Antonio Stradivarius Cremona Menus Faciebat 1721, Czechoslovakia Violin that I would like some information on as to it's age/worth/etc.

And, I have a Gun....A shotgun if I am not Mistaken (and being a WOMAN I COULD VERY LIKELY BE!!!)  All the information I can read on it is:
Forehand Hopkins Allen Arms - CD Norwich, Conn., USA

Any ideas out there?????

sarge197

• View Profile
Re: Help Identify this Gun and Violin Please....and their worth!
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2008, 11:06:20 pm »
I have no idea about the violin, but I did a little research on the shotgun.

According to Wiki.answers.com, the Hopkins and Allen Arms company took over the Forehand name in 1903 and continued until about 1915.  You most likely have a single-shot hammerless shotgun called a "Forehand."  Another website, www.gundersonmilita ria.com lists a shotgun that sounds very similar to yours.  It has photos and lists a price of $175.00. 

Gun values are very difficult to determine.  It really does take an expert and a physical examination to get an accurate value.  I suppose yours could be worth more, but it would take a firearms appraiser to tell you for certain. Many guns are highly valued because of their uniqueness, their manufacturer, or limited production.  I've never heard of this company before, so I don't know if the gun you have has any of these traits.

Good luck!

Sarge

cogar

• View Profile
Re: Help Identify this Gun and Violin Please....and their worth!
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2008, 01:45:24 am »
Pamlikin, try posting your question on a gun/firearms site.

Include a picture if possible.

Here is one you might try

Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association Forum
 Question & Answer Forum

http://www.pafoa.org/forum/question-answer-40/