Author Topic: Unique China found in old chest with World War II antiques  (Read 1692 times)

ebizcraftsman

• View Profile
Unique China found in old chest with World War II antiques
« on: April 12, 2008, 02:52:38 pm »
Hello Everyone..

I have been looking EVERYWHERE to find out what this China is worth. I can not find one single piece of it on the internet LOL.. Guess it does not exist. Any help would be greatly appreciated..

HEre is the details :

Numbered set including sauces, cups, large pitcher, small plates

It seems to have maybe Silver edges and inlay in the middle.. Its slightly tarnished, but rubs off.

The writing on the back :

handarbeit bavaria waldershof made in germany u.s zone

Any help would greatly be appreciated..
« Last Edit: April 12, 2008, 02:59:32 pm by ebizcraftsman »

cogar

• View Profile
Re: Unique China found in old chest with World War II antiques
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2008, 04:48:50 am »
Being it is stamped "made in germany u.s zone" means it was produced in West Germany after the end of WWII, and maybe in the American controlled sector of Berlin. Probably brought or sent home by a US soldier stationed there. Similar marked Japanese pottery is marked "occupied Japan".

ebizcraftsman

• View Profile
Re: Unique China found in old chest with World War II antiques
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2008, 02:04:35 pm »
Being it is stamped "made in germany u.s zone" means it was produced in West Germany after the end of WWII, and maybe in the American controlled sector of Berlin. Probably brought or sent home by a US soldier stationed there. Similar marked Japanese pottery is marked "occupied Japan".

Thanks so much for the information.. Any ideas is this china is worth anything or where I can find information on it. Thanks so much for your time