Author Topic: UK universities = ebay sellers school  (Read 4058 times)

ukbesthelper

• View Profile
UK universities = ebay sellers school
« on: April 16, 2008, 05:16:09 am »
The reputation of the universities in UK is no longer at the top of the world and in fact our academic excellence can no longer be maintained.
In the recent 5 years many Asians are coming to UK.
They claim themselves as a student by holding a student visa of UK, being a student of a university in UK.
But they are not the true students at all.
What they are doing is just doing business (e.g. eBay), but not studying.

Having a student visa ensures that they can stay in UK for at least a few years.
Of course they need to pay a certain amount for their offer, but does it mean that we can turn a blind eye on their breach of the visa to do business?
We are supposed to offer them quality education, not to spoil them by letting them do what they want.
It is certainly illegal as they are supposed as students only, nothing else; and it's harmful to our economy too.
They can import some goods which is really cheap in their home country (e.g. counterfeit mobile phone battery) and sell them in UK, and the profit can be thousands of pounds a month.

Just take a look at the mobile phone accessory section of the UK eBay website, and you'll discover that from 2003-2008, there're many sellers selling these products at a very competitive price, far lower than the retail price in UK.

Their identity and nationality can be identified by their English writing style, address, etc. Nowadays many Chinese and Malaysian know that they can be rich by being a student in UK.
They always choose Newcastle or London as their base- convenient locations of post offices and they're omnipresent, have 2 universities, and most importantly, it's near the airport.
It has nothing to deal with tertiary studying.

I believe some strict measures should be taken to suppress this trend.
Universities should not allow them to store their piles of stock in the residential hall anymore.
Universities can cooperate with the government to check whether those are really students, or they're businessmen in disguise?

This is nothing to deal with racial discrimination, but Asians are really performing in this way now.
The consequences are horrible too.
We cannot know neither where does their capital come from, nor the quality of the products sold.
Those products can be used as the carriers of illegal drugs too, which provides another way for criminals to make some profit.

Through top-ranking tertiary education, we have nurtured many excellent scientists, doctors, etc. But now criminals are on the list too.
Should we grant them an offer for their money only?
It's the time for us to do something.

jenniferbrowns

• View Profile
Re: UK universities = ebay sellers school
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2023, 01:05:12 am »
In fact you have described a lot in this content regarding online selling and studying in the UK which is very useful for me because my online selling is very interesting and I have an online There is also a store where I sell Eagles Game Travis Kelce Green Bomber Jacket type jackets etc.

alvisbuttler39

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2023, 05:42:55 am »
You info about Uk University is no longer top in education is really help full for us Keep sharing more info with us i also follow you for the next post. I also recommend something about fashion. If you love to wear outstanding outfit then try this pikmin hoodie

laurajonnes

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2023, 08:16:12 am »
Actually this eBay seller school is a highly trustworthy organization. Many people have complimented me which I appreciate. I ve also worn this Ovo Packers Green Hoodie which is suitable for work.

Tom9

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2024, 11:22:34 am »
Thank you for your feedback! I'm glad you found the information helpful. I'll continue to share more insights on various topics. Additionally, thank you for recommending the pikmin hoodie for those who are interested in fashion. It's great to explore different styles and clothing options!

Froasur

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2024, 11:49:11 pm »
Agree with uno online, while the challenges are real, proactive steps can help mitigate the decline in reputation and ensure that UK universities continue to offer quality education to genuine students.

LaraPeter

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2024, 12:22:28 am »
Education is my top priority. To achieve excellent grades, I use https://essaybox.org/samples/ which has been a great help. They write papers according to my requirements, freeing me from the burden of writing.