Author Topic: green glass candleholders  (Read 2383 times)

joylj5732

• View Profile
green glass candleholders
« on: April 27, 2008, 12:26:06 pm »
I have a very unique set of green glass Vaseline textured candleholders that belonged to my aunt. They have an oriental hint of a Chinese carp but they are at least 40 to 50 years old and may be older. What is so unusual is that although they are a matching set, one is slightly taller and has a noticeable tilt to it. There are no large chips on this glass. I found one minor ding. Can someone help me determine the value of these?
« Last Edit: April 29, 2008, 10:31:12 pm by joylj5732 »

cogar

• View Profile
Re: green glass candleholders
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2008, 03:34:04 pm »
Joylj, those might be Hazel Atlas "Dolphin" produced in the 1930's. If so, they will be 7 1/2 inches high.

joylj5732

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2008, 08:32:47 pm »
They do measure 7 1/2". Are they considered collectable and what would the value be?

cogar

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2008, 01:56:27 am »
Yes, they are "collectables".

There are Hazel Atlas collectors, candleholder collectors and there are "green glass" collectors.

But I wouldn't know what their current value is, its been a long time since since I was "'dealing". Check E-Bay or maybe the D&B poster will give you a value.

joylj5732

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2008, 07:27:51 pm »
I did some research and learned more about green vaseline glass. These are green in color and they glow yellow when put under a black light. I still have not found a matching style but the closest I find are Westmoreland. They have an hex base where these are round. I would still like to know what they might be worth and if the tilt makes them loose value. How do I ask D & B to help.

cogar

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2008, 03:06:21 am »
Joy, those are not vaseline glass, ..... but you can call them whatever you want.

Click below ...... look and read.

http://www.orau.org/ptp/collection/consumer%20products/vaseline.htm

I still have not found a matching style but the closest I find are Westmoreland. They have an hex base where these are round.

Joy, not only Westmoreland but a couple others made similar candleholders. But the only one pictured in my "candleholder book" with a round base that looks to be identical to yours, ...... except it is clear glass, ....... is noted as a product of Hazel Atlas.

If you want to know the "actual value", ..... list them on E-Bay. When the bidding stops ......... you will have your answer.

If you want to query D&B, ....... look down the list of posts until you see the name on the right where he/she replied ........... and click on it. At the bottom of the "profile" click on "send personal message".

cheers