Author Topic: Question... Seeking Information about an Antique Steamer Trunk  (Read 3035 times)

TXQTPIE

• View Profile
Greetings. Thank you for taking the time to look at my question. Any help in identifying this Antique Steamer Trunk would most certainly be appreciated.

I recently purchased a dome shaped/camelback large steamer trunk here in Nevada. It is in extraordinary condition, but I am having a hard time finding out who built it. From my observations I have noted that the outside brass lock is from Eagle Lock Company, Terryville CT. As well that I noted it is covered with olive colored canvas, some sort of very thick hide, and leather straps. There is a paper label on the inside of the lid, that has a picture of a lion standing upon a lovely trunk, with his paw on top of a scrolled letter "D".

Below the picture, there is a copyright patent dating from Washington, DC, 1897. The trunk has several lift out drawers of some sort of thin natural colored fabric/paper. On the exterior of the trunk, stenciled in black paint is the name: Miss F. Arnold, Omaha Nebraska.

If anyone has any information about a trunk like this, I would like to hear from you.

Thank you.
Dawn

D&b antiques

• View Profile
Re: Question... Seeking Information about an Antique Steamer Trunk
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2008, 04:56:41 pm »
drucker & N & co. about 1910 or 20

TXQTPIE

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2008, 09:39:15 pm »
Thank you for your reply in regards to my steamer trunk. :D
I was elated to get any response at all.
Thank You!!!!!!

Out of shear curiosity, would you might happen to know what my trunks current value might be? I was able to purchase it for ONLY $70 at an "outdoor swapmeet", in Pahrump, Nevada. I can only imagine what someone must have paid for it back then.. - probably $70!
- As it is so beautiful, even today.

I wish I could touch it and see all of the hands who touched it in the last century. I bet it had an exciting traveling life. I would like to try to find Miss Arnold's family and return it back to her family. I wonder how I could track her down?

In addition, I was wondering if that manufacturing company is still in operation? I know the Eagle Lock Co. closed in 1975, but there is a museum open with many of their locks on display.

Thank you for your reply(s).

Dawn

D&b antiques

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2008, 04:41:34 pm »
if it's in the condition you speak. ( no restoration needed) $350.00 dollars

TXQTPIE

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2008, 02:31:45 am »
  ;D WOW...

Thank you for your price quote!!  I will tell you, in my eyes, it is far too beautiful to put a true monetary value on. :o

So, now I will work on trying to find... Miss Arnold's family, to ask them if they might like to have it back and to tell them how obtained it all the way out here in Nevada.

Thank you, once again, for your insight and help. I most certainly appreciated it. :)

Regards,

Dawn