Author Topic: I have a tea set that I have questions about.  (Read 1109 times)

aliciaepp

I have a tea set that I have questions about.
« on: May 20, 2008, 06:05:15 pm »
I have a15 piece Tea set that I hope someone can give me more information on...

The bottom of the pieces...  HADSON CHINAWARE MADE IN OCCUPIED JAPAN. There is an anchor symbol in the middle on the bottom of all the pieces.

The mugs are about 2 inches tall and have 3 flowers on one side and 1 flower on the other. There is a thin gold accent around the top and down the handle. The 3 flowers are yellow, light pink and dark pink with green leaves. The saucers only have one pink flower with the same gold trim. They are 3 1/2  inches in diameter. The tea pitcher is more of a rectangled shape and stands 7 inches with the lid on. The same flowers are on the front and back. There is also a creamer and sugar set.

I have not been able to locate these online. I'm in the market to sell but not sure what I should price them. If anyone knows anything about this set please contact me. They were purchased in Japan we think during WWII.

Thank you
Alicia
« Last Edit: May 20, 2008, 06:17:20 pm by aliciaepp »

cogar

• View Profile
Re: I have a tea set that I have questions about.
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2008, 04:34:54 am »
Alicia, just a note, all items (except repros) that are marked "MADE IN OCCUPIED JAPAN" were produced or .... "MADE" .... after WWII ended and was a "mandatory marking" while the Allied Forces were in control of the Japanese government, ..... thus "occupied". This ended in 1952. 

aliciaepp

Re: I have a tea set that I have questions about.
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2008, 04:58:45 pm »
Good to know. The purchase date was a guess. Thanks