Author Topic: Beehive mark confusion?  (Read 2062 times)

C_E_clair

• View Profile
Beehive mark confusion?
« on: May 24, 2008, 08:56:40 pm »
Can anyone please identify these marks for me and a value? I have gotten lost trying to read up on the marks. From the things I've read I believe the makers mark was blotted out by the Decorator - Josef Riedl. The gold blotting on one of my cups has been removed or wore down with something to show the mark. Plus one has the #116 marked on it. I have five of these and am trying to find any info I can on them. Is this Royal Vienna? Does It have any value? Thank all. C. Clair

D&b antiques

• View Profile
Re: Beehive mark confusion?
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2008, 12:44:28 pm »
I'am not surprised at the confusion.this mark is constantly being counterfeited.these are very nice.
$75.00 dollars per cup.

C_E_clair

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2008, 08:23:00 pm »
WOW! I had no idea. What are they? Should I try to remove the gold blot off the other four? I do not know what was used to remove the first one. I bought them that way. I was looking to sell them on ebay but I ran into "Identify Royal Vienna Fakes" guide by ginni. It was very helpful in making me look for answers. She asks everyone to list the china correctly. (Great idea!) But I cannot figure out what correctly is.  Any idea's.  ;D
« Last Edit: May 25, 2008, 08:31:23 pm by C_E_clair »

D&b antiques

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2008, 03:11:46 pm »
I'am aware of ginni & her work. just list them as very nice reproduction's.

C_E_clair

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2008, 06:18:14 pm »
My header should be "very nice repo"?  I would love any info that would help in Identifying these so I can list them as what they are or are not. for people to bid i like to give acurate info. That is were my search began. Reading her guide, searching the net, getting lost, etc.. etc.. are they fakes or just a simular mark, or just confusing marks.  ??? I'm so lost!

C_E_clair

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2008, 03:43:49 pm »
OK, I have read alot more. I think I should list these as "Josef Riedl Decorated, Victoria Schmidt cups 1904-1918 Austria" would that be correct? Any help would be appreciated.

C_E_clair

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2008, 05:17:52 pm »
Well it has been many weeks. I have listed these as best as I know how.  As "Royal Vienna / Josef Riedl 1890 to 1918 Teacup" under a sub section of Vintage Reproduction.  ;D
« Last Edit: June 17, 2008, 05:22:38 pm by C_E_clair »