Author Topic: Could someone help?  (Read 2089 times)

swimgirl4

• View Profile
Could someone help?
« on: July 06, 2008, 01:23:34 pm »
I have three cordial glasses that have been passed down to me from my grandmother. I'm trying to get another one but do not know the design or the manufacturer. I think they maybe from the 1940's or early 1950's (maybe even the 1930's). They look like cordial glasses. They are clear, etched glass. They have like a fiesta border on the top. It looks like strung ribbons and then a big flower corsage with ribbon hanging down from the corsage and it goes across the whole border of the glass that way, ribbons and corsages. Are there any experts out there that could identified these cordial glasses for me? I have researched and researched and have come up with nothing. Thanks

cogar

• View Profile
Re: Could someone help?
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2008, 02:14:18 am »
Without photos and dimensions it is highly unlikely anyone can identify your glass.

They could be Heisey, Fosteria, Cambridge, etc., etc., etc. and any one of hundreds of patterns produced by each company.

You need to be researching ……. Elegant Glassware

Click on this url and read the introductory paragraph.

http://www.atlantaantiquegallery.com/wsm/c-207_elegant_glass.html

It is probably simpler for you to go to a “dealer of glassware” or to the Mall and purchase a book on above said, such as this one.

http://www.amazon.com/Elegant-Glassware-Depression-Era-Identification/dp/1574322982 

But I can’t guarantee you it will be listed in said. If you Know who made your glass … then you can buy a book for that specific manufacturer.

rekbhk

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2008, 12:04:01 pm »
hard to tell without a picture....try Fostoria June pattern...it has a hange ribbon I believe...Rolland

cogar

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2008, 02:26:58 pm »
Here is the "June" pattern.

LesFex

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2008, 06:26:54 am »
Great glass design!!! surely everyone like it.

cogar

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2008, 08:58:04 am »
And that is just 1 piece in that pattern. :) :) :)