Author Topic: Antique Wood Stove  (Read 1848 times)

amlunos

• View Profile
Antique Wood Stove
« on: July 08, 2008, 12:30:21 pm »
Hi Everyone.

I was wondering if someone could help me. I have a wood stove in my gargage. On the side of it, it says

Perfect Laundry2
Richardson & Boynton CO.

New York & Chicago

I have looked and looked on the internet and I cant find anything at all. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am attatching a picture.

Thank you all very much

cogar

• View Profile
Re: Antique Wood Stove
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2008, 03:30:04 pm »
Your stove was used for heating water to do the laundry, thus the name Laundry Stove.

One would place a #3 washtub on top, fill it with water, etc., etc.

Those were quite common in the old days (fore they invented gas/electric water heaters) ...... and there were lots of companies that made them.

A good wire brushing and some Stove Black would shine it up real pretty.

For picture of #3 washtub, click here http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3100/2613333366_56344ff290.jpg?v=0

amlunos

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2008, 11:39:16 am »
Would anyone be able to tell me if its worth anything??? I would like to sell it, we really dont have any use for it.

Thank you

cogar

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2008, 01:45:09 am »
Amlunos, sure it is worth something, advertise it in one of those Traders Guides or local papers as an "emergency wood burning heating-cooking stove and/or a camp stove".

Now anyone who has suffered through a few days of "power outage" especially in the wintertime would have been mighty happy to have that sitting in their garage a keeping their coffee pot hot and their backside warm.

Offer it for $69 or $99 and then cut your price if they barter with you.

A $15 kerosene lamp and that stove is a one-time "cheap insurance" for when the power goes off.

cheers